Chapter Sixteen.

Cher Lloyd's POV.

"Is everything ready?" I asked Demi as we were about to leave the flat. The week went by pretty quickly. I was texting Kimberley everyday, just to make sure she was okay. I was really happy for Cheryl and her, they were having a baby and I knew Cheryl always dreamt about being a mother. But having to hide the fact that Kim and I were texting was really upsetting for me. I did not know what to do to arrange things with Cheryl. Maybe that was it. Maybe it was the end of our friendship and I had to move on, move on from my best friend, move on from the person who always took care of me. 

"Yeah. Are you okay?" Asked Demi taking me out of my thoughts. I nodded, took our suitcases and we walked out of the flat. Demi and I were doing pretty good. She had to leave a night to see Ellie but except of that night, we spent the whole week together. Mostly joking around and me taking care of her. My feelings were definitely growing. We went to the taxi which was waiting for us in front of her building. "What are you thinking about?"  

"What?" I asked raising my eyebrows. "To the airport please." I said to the cabbie who nodded.  

"I was talking to you and you were not paying attention. Are you sure you're fine?" She said and took my hand.  

"I am." I said a bit surprised that she held my hand. After her night out with Ellie, she seemed a bit distant. I just thought she needed some space to think about something that was said or because of her medicines which were exhausted for her.  

"Tell me the truth, what's up in your mind?"  

"Nothing. I was just thinking about the whole situation with Cheryl and Kimberley." She smiled sympathetically at me and nodded.  

"Do you want to try to call Cheryl?"  

"No, I tried yesterday and she did not answer the call. I'm a bit tired of running after her when you know that I've done nothing wrong." I explained and she sighed. 

"She doesn't know that. She doesn't know that you didn't mean it that way. They manipulated her."  

"Then she doesn't know me at all. She is my best friend, she's supposed to know me better than anyone else but she's the only one who actually believe that I'm capable of doing something like that." I said getting frustrated.  

"Don't get mad at me Cher, I didn't do anything."  

"I know you didn't. I'm just trying to explain what I'm feeling. You asked for it." She rolled her eyes. "Don't think I don't regret it. If I could, I would go back in time and said something else. I would make sure that I made myself clear." 

"I know babe." She rested her head on my shoulder. "It will take time, but Cheryl isn't the rancorous type, is she?"  

"Nope, she's not."  

"Then everything will be fine, just give her some time."  

"It has been weeks Dems." She kissed my neck and hummed. 

"I know." She whispered. We stayed quiet for the rest of the ride to the airport, same thing during the flight. Those long silents happened a lot lately. I did not think anything of it, it could be for a lot of different reasons and if she wanted to talk to me, she knew where to find me. We finally reached our hotel room in Dallas.

"Cher?" Demi called, she was sat on the bed and looked at me shyly. 

"Yeah?"  

"Can you sit down, please?" She asked blushing. I nodded and sat next to her. 

"You know, if you don't want to tell your family about us tomorrow, that's okay. We don't have to. We can take our time." Demi shook her head quickly.