18

Scynthia's PoV

Today is December 24, And Kendal, January, and Nash is here.

Our moms are in the kitchen preparing for our Noche Buena later, while me and the others are in my room hangging out. Nash and Kendal are playing with my XBox while I play with the PSP I got and January to sleep in my bed.

"Guys I have an Idea." Sabi ni Kendal. "What?" Tanong ko.

"What if we prank January?" Sabi ni Kendal. "No, Kendal remember what happened two years ago?" Sabi ko.

"Oh yeah, I don't want that again." Sabi ni Kendal. "Why what happened?" Tanong ni Nash.

"Kendal pranked her by getting fake hair from a wig and using a shave..." sabi ko.

I still remeber it like it was yeasterday...

Flashback...

"Guys let's prank January." Sabi ni Kendal, Ice agreed and so did I. "Sure, just lead me out of it." Sabi ko.

"Fine." Sabi ni Kendal. "You guys should stop." Sabi ni Lex.

"What? This is going to be fun." Sabi ni Kendal.

We got a wig, cut some part of it and got an electric razor. Lumapit siya sa natutulog na January at agad niya hinawakan yung razor sa isa niya kamay at yung buhok sa isa, he turned on the razor but didn't shave January's hair.

He dropped some of the wig hair on the floor, boglabg gumising si January. "What the fuck!?" January was furious.

"What did you do to my hair!?" Sigaw niya. "January you have a bald spot!" Sabi ni Ice.

End of Flashback...

"When January found out it was a prank she was furious, then the next day we just saw Kendal and Ice bald." Sabi ko. "Okay I am not going to prank her." Sabi ni Nash.

"Luckily my hair grows back fast." Sabi ni Kendal, biglang gumising si January. "What are you guys talking about?" Tanong ni January.

"Just the past." Sabi ni Kendal. "Oh well." Sabi ni January.

I was going to talk again when suddenly someone knocked on my door and said we had to eat, kaya agad kami bumaba para kumain.

While eating I was thinking of a lot of things.

Our parents were talking but I paid no attention to them and just ate my food in peace, the others on the other hand were talking to my sister and asking a bunch of questions but she just kept her answers short.

I was praying that no one would call my attention and ask me a bunch of weird questions but alas. "Scynthia dear, why don't you and your friends go swimming or something later rather than staying in your room." Sabi ni mommy. "Okay mom." Sabi ko.

After we ate pumunta muna kami sa room ko. "So guys, wanna go swimming?" Tanong ko sa kanila. "Yes!" Sabi ni January.

"How about you guys?" I asked the boys. "Sure!" Sabi ni Kendal.

"Okay..." Nash was unsure of his statement.

*****

Nagbihis na kaming lahat ng pangswimming at pumunta sa pool, well actually except for Nash, he was wearing his trunks but he was still wearing a T-shirt.

"Cannon Ball!" Sigaw ni Kendal sabay talon sa pool. "Me too!" Sigaw ni January at saka tumalon sa pool.

I was just sitting by the chairs still in my robe. "Nash, you okay?" Tanong ko. "I'm fine." Sabi niya.

"Then why do you look down in the dumps?" Tanong ko. "I'm just afraid to show my body." Sabi niya.

"Why?" I asked. "I have a lot of scars on my body, and a huge one near my chest." Sabi niya.

"Nash, no one's perfect... those scars symbolizes the pain you went through but it's also like a reminder that you are strong, you shouldn't be shy about it, you should be proud of it, because there is a story about it and that story is the story of your success." Sabi ko. "Okay, thanks for that inspiring quote." Sabi niya.

"So, you going swimming or what?" Tanong ko. "I'm going to swim." Sabi niya sabay tanggal ng T-Shirt niya.

There was a scar near his chest, and also a bunch on his back.

He dipped in the pool and had fun with the others while I sit here and contemplate again...

Now I am curious at what happened to him... how did he get shot? What's the whole story behind it? Did he get it in a gang fight? Or was it an ambush and he saved a bunch of people? Is he okay?

I was staring off to space right before someone called my name causing me to snap out of my trance. "Rose! Get in the pool already!" Sigaw ni January. "Yeah, yeah." Sabi ko sabay tanggal ng robe ko at dive sa pool.

*****

"It wasn't my fault!" Sabi ni January. "What do you mean not your fault! It was obviously your fault!" Sigaw ko.

"Hey, it was Kendal!" Sabi ni January. "Hey! It was you not me!" Sabi ni Kendal.

You see we are fighting right now because January and Kendal did a prank on be and it totally went wrong.

They accidentaly cracked my phone, they were going to prank me by changing the pasword on it but Kendal dropped it on the floor causing January to step on it.

"Oh shut it!" Biglang sigaw ni Nash. "You two should fix her phone." Sabi ni Nash sabay turo kay Kendal at January.

"Ikaw, sumama ka saakin." Sabi ni Nash sabay turo saakin. "Why?" Tanong ko.

Agad ako hinila ni Nash paalis sa lugar na yun, hindi ko alam kung saan kami pupunta at nagpahila lang ako. Hanggang makarating kami sa garden namin...

"A Candle Lit Dinner?" I ask. "You got that right." Sabi niya.

We sat down and let the silence fill the air until I noticed a violin.

"What's the violin for?" Tanong ko. "This." Agad niya kinuha at tumugtog.

After the song he sat down again and we ate silently, after eating Nash stood up and extended his arm to me. "May I have this dance?" Saka ko lang napansin na may kanta palang tumutug tog.

I accepted his hand at sumayaw na kami.

My hands were on his nape while his hands were on my waist. We were swaying to the music until. "Look up." Bulong ni Nash.

Agad ako tumingin sa taas, there was a mistle toe. "Paano na yan? You have to kiss me." He whispered in a husky voice.

"Para paraan." Bulong ko, I pulled him by his nape and kissed him.

And as if on cue there were fireworks but we stayed in that position.

----------

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow