Jackson Robert Wright

It had finally happened. My mother finally gave birth to my new baby brother. I was in the room the whole time with her. Supporting her and helping her get through the pain. My mom was a very stubborn woman. So, of course, she chose to have a natural birth. The nurse and doctors offered her an epidural many many times, but each time she refused.

When she had finally gotten through all the hard labor she was able to hold her new baby boy. 7 pounds 12 ounces, 21 1/2 inches. He was one of the cutest babies I had ever seen. Just as I was admiring him, the doctor asked what his name was going to be and my mom nodded towards me telling me to say the babies first name, which I had chosen.

"Jackson." I said.

"I love it Paisley!" My mom said.

"And the middle name?" The doctor questioned.

"Robert." My mom answered.

I looked at my mom and the only thing she did was smile.

"Any reason in particular that his middle name is Robert?" I asked even though I knew the answer.

"Well sweetie. There is this one guy that has been talking to my little girl for a while. Even though they haven't "officially" started dating, I know they will. They seem the be a really good match." She said.

The only think I did was sit in the chair next to my moms bed and laugh a little. I couldn't really believe my mom was encouraging me to be with Rob. Talking about Rob with my mother made me realize that they don't even know she had her baby. So I decided to text Rob.

Hey Rob! Great news!
My mom just had her baby!
It's a boy. His name is
Jackson Robert...

That's great! How is your
mom doing?

She's doing fine right
now. I know she is just
really tired.

That's good. I think all
of us are gonna fly in
in in a couple of days.
If that's okay with you?

Of course! I have been
missing all of my boys!

I gotta see this new
Wright kid. I bet he's
a stud.

Oh he is for sure!

Oh. And before you go.
Any reason his middle
name is Robert? ;)

I don't know. This one
guy that plays football
or something. I think
my mom was drunk
when she picked it...

I finished texting Rob and told my mom that they would be coming to see the new baby in a couple of days. She was excited because she loves the boys just as much as I do. A young nurse came in and took Jackson to the nursery in the hospital where he would stay overnight. My mom also had to stay overnight just so they could keep an eye out on her to make sure nothing went wrong. My mom told me however not to worry about her. She didn't want to sleep in a chair in her room all night, so she told me to take Adam back home and come back in the morning.

After refusing to leave many times, my mother finally had her way. I took Adam back to our house and spent the night there. It was kind of nice though. Adam and I haven't been very close lately. And tonight we had a movie night and really bonded some more. I learned that Adam wasn't exactly thrilled with our mom having another baby.