Maybe? a Calum Hood Fanfiction INTRO

"C'mon, Riley it's time to go!" my mom called from downstairs. I sighed and slipped my phone into my back pocket picking up a hair-tie on the way out of my room and I styled my hair into a side braid as I stepped down the stairs quickly. We were going to meet with my cousin Niall. He and I were really close and he was in New York for his bands show. They're pretty big and if you haven't heard of them you obviously live under a rock. 

The drive was about an hour long because I lived in the city with my mom. It was only her an I and has been for as long as I could remember. My father passed away fighting at war and I was an only child because he passed away when I was so young they didn't have the time to have another child. I do remember my dad. I remember him being caring and always treating me the best making me feel like a princess. I miss him a lot and sometimes find myself crying at night remembering all the other girls who have their fathers around to laugh with and fight with and then make-up with and I don't. Not that my mom isn't amazing, because she is. She's young and free spirited and open to talking to me about anything and I couldn't be luckier to have a mom like her. Everyone says I look more like my dad then her. I was about 5'8 , my legs were long and so was my curly hair my eyes are a bright blue and they're my favorite feature. I'm related to Niall through my mom and he and I grew up as close as two cousins could when each other lived on the other sides of the world. I was 16 and he's 19 so there was only a 3 year difference and I do remember lots of long flights to Ireland to visit family with my mom and dad. I also remember even more flights after my dad passed.

--

We were about 15 minutes away and my mom and I decided to stop and get smoothies so I texted Niall and asked if he needed anything while we were stopped.

To Niallr- do u need anything? my mom and i are 15min away and stopped for smoothies. speak now or forever hold ur peace :)

From Niall- I can go for a smoothie. can't wait! miss you guys 

To Niall- same! and okay see u soon yayya! :D

I let my hair out of it's braid so it was now tamed and curly it looked cute. I put on a navy blue beanie I had in my purse and put it on top of my head walking into the smoothie place with my mom and ordering what we needed. 

"So I heard the opening act are a bunch of cuties from Australia." my mom brought up as she paid for our smoothies and the bag of skittles I decided I "needed." "I haven't looked any of the stuff up to be honest, some people were tweeting me that they wanted to meet me though and I'm still thinking if I actually want to take pictures with people... It's kind of weird, ya know?" I said taking my smoothie and skittles along with the straw as she picked up hers and Niall's. "Yeah, but I think it would be fun and it would be nice. The fans just want to be close to Niall in some way, and if you're the closest they can get they'll be ecstatic just think about when you met Justin Bieber's manager and you nearly cried." She laughed taking a sip from her smoothie before she opened the door with her hip.