Maybe? Ch.21

Calum and I walked back to my apartment after spending a good hour at the park. By the time we got back it was around 4:30 and the boys and him were going to get their tattoos at around 8 so we had some time to blow. I decided on a nap while he watched soccer. Calum was sitting on the couch with his feet up and my head on his lap. I was thinking about getting work done when we went to the parlor later on but I'm not sure if I wanted to go through with it now that I'm signed with a modeling management. I don't know if tattoos and piercings will screw up my jobs. I decided just to call Katie about it later. 

---

When Calum woke me up it was 7:30. "Ready baby?" He asked. I sighed and stood up allowing him to get up also. 

When driving to go pick up Michael I decided that I was going to get new work done when we went. 

I was going to get a black circle in representation of being a rape victim. Not many people knew only Niall, Harry, Zayn, Louis, Liam, my mom, my family and Frankie. I wish I was more open about it but it happened 3 years ago and it was still too much of a touchy subject for me. "So did you decide what you were going to do?" Calum asked reaching over to hold my free hand. "Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and get some things done" I nodded my head. "What's it going to be?" "Um, a filled in circle on the side of my wrist." I told him getting nervous for the question that was coming next. "What does that mean?" He asked playing with the ring I wore on my right ring finger it was a gold ring that had crosses engraved around the band and on the inside was the same black circle. It was given to me by the priest at the church I used to go to in New York. "It's a symbol from India that represents support to victims of rape..." I said lightly my eyes watering a bit. "You know someone who was raped?" He asked frowning. "So do you..." I told him hoping he would catch on instead of making me come straight out and say it. "Riley, why didn't you ever tell me?" He asked his eyes watering. "Not something I like to tell everyone" I was now crying as I pulled into the 5SOS house. "But when?" He asked he was crying. "3 years ago, this kid I knew and I were talking kind of dating not really and he just took advantage of me. I was so scared." I was now full on crying. Calum reached over and turned the car off and got out coming around to my door opening it unbuckling me and getting me out. He lead me inside the house and brought me to lay with him in his room. "I love you so much Riley. You don't ever deserve to be hurt, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life and I'm so sorry that such a terrible thing has happened to you and I love you so much and I want you to know that you're safe with me and I swear to God I will never let anything ever happen to you" he whispered holding me close. "I love you, Calum." I told him kissing him softly. 

---

Calum layed with me calming me down for a while and I told him I was going to be okay and we should go before we're even more late. We got Michael and got into the car. Driving there Michael ended up finding out about my past and he gave me a long talk about how I'm one of his best friends and how he swears to never let anything happen to me and I don't think I could've been more grateful to have the best group of people to surround me. 

---

 We got to the tattoo parlor and I sat beside Calum holding his hand as he got his tattoo done. He was quite the trooper and if he was in pain he didn't let it show. 

Michael was next and had me hold his hand also. He flinched a bit but for the most part didn't seem bothered. I was next.

I sat down and allowed the artist to stencil it out as I talked to him about the meaning and about the other tattoo I will be getting. 

Calum was sat beside me holding onto my hand while the circle was inked on and the shaded in. Personally, I think the shading was the most painful and it took a lot in me not to stop him from doing his job.

The final one I was getting today was going to placed on the back of my arm horizontally. So win I spread my arms like wings you could clearly read it, the quote was "The brave don't live forever but the cautious don't live at all. The only thing that's truely terrifying is the unlived life" I wanted the font to be simple stick print in all lower case so that's what I got. 

Liam came over to watch as I got my tattoo done and spoke to me about the quote and where it was from. I knew he was trying to keep my mind off the pain and I appreciated it.

---

We hung around for a while in the tattoo shop after all of us were done and paid for waiting for an escort to get us out of the shop since we were told it's not safe to go outside. With all the time we had I decided to get my ears pierced.

"Calum, come here!" I called him as I sat down in a shair where they were going to do my piercings. He walked over and squeezed in behind me wrapping his arms around my waist comforting me. They began cleaning my ear and then marked where they were going to do the earrings. On my right ear I was doing a triple foward helix and decided to go for it and get a nose ring a piercing I've always wanted. 

Calum wasn't happy about the nose piercing but he would get over it. 

"Stop putting holes in your body!" Liam whined. "Shh, Liam" I rolled my eyes getting up from the seat Calum getting up after me I followed the kid who just finished piercing me and went to go pay. 

Calum and I took pictures together showing off our newest work and I decided to tweet it because it was cute. He was pulling the collar of his shirt down a bit showing the clear wrapping around his inked chest, I was standing sideways showing my arm and wrist and you could see the new piercings. 

@RileyDrew: Your body is a canvas.

Finally the security showed up and we were able to leave the tattoo place. I took Calum's hand and had my head against his back not wanting to have the flashes in my eyes. Liam walked out first with his parents, Zayn following behind then me and Calum, behind us was Michael and then behind him El and Louis. Calum, Michael and I all made it to my car safely and drove off before anyone could follow. I was going to chill at their house for a while and then go back to mine. 

---