1 - First Encounter

I walked into the school, first day back from Spring break. I wore a maroon dress with a grey cardigan and boots that hid my ugly calfs. School has been the negative in my life for many years. Growing up, I didn't have many friends because according to everyone, I was 'different'. And I didn't mind being different, but everyone else did. But sometimes being different is a good thing, especially when you meet people who forever change your life.

***

I slammed my locker and headed to my first hour class, not caring about anything in the hallways, but my phone. As I turned the corner I ran into someone, dropping all of the folders and papers that were under my arm.

I bent down trying to pick up my papers, once again running into whoever I had just encountered the seconds earlier. I looked up expecting to see a nerdy girl or some freshman fumbling through the halls. But, to my surprise it was Kian, Kian Lawley. Kian was your typical jock, played varsity basketball as a freshman and was considered on of the 'bad boys' in our school or otherwise known as a fuckboy.

"Here you go, uh," He said, fumbling over what my name was.

"Alex. Thank you." I smiled back grabbing my folders.

And without another word, we both went our separate ways.

***

Final period was the one I dreaded the most, gym. I slid off my outfit,which had taken an hour to pick out the night before, and put on the disgusting gym clothes that you have to wash about sixteen times before they actually smell alright.

Not even two minutes into gym class we were already running, which is all we ever do in gym, or dodgeball. People began to group up with their friends, but my only friend in gym was working on some pep fest thing for back to school kickoff.

My throat began to heat up, giving me the feeling that I was about to puke. I stopped running a began to walk, trying to calm myself down.

"JAMES. GET BACK TO RUNNING!" My gym teacher snapped.

"I hope you clean up my puke," I mumbled under my breath.

And I continued to run, only this time the feeling in my throat was actually a reality.

"LAWLEY. TAKE JAMES TO THE NURSE!" He yelled with a very disgusted look on his face.

"Oh great," I mumbled.

"Isn't it?"

I turned around to see Kian behind me. He wasn't a very muscular guy, but you could see he'd been working out a bit. He completely ignored my sarcasm in my previous statement.

"Are you going to take me to the nurse or?" I asked, once again with sarcasm.

He led me down the hallway and towards the bathroom, following me in.

"You do know you're in the girls bathroom, right?" I mumbled.

"You act like I've never been in her before silly," He smirked, handing me a wet paper towel.

I looked down as I felt my face become warm. But, it's nice to know that he is maintaining his 'bad boy' rep. I honestly don't get why so many girls like that type of guy, I mean c'mon. Why would you waste your time with a guy like him, who probably just uses girls.

We left the bathroom and headed to the nurse's office. To be completely honest, I'm glad we finally left the bathroom because I felt really uncomfortable there, especially when a girl would walk in there and see him there with me. I'm pretty sure they probably thought we were like kissing or something which is gross, especially when he has a girlfriend.

"Oh sweetie. You need to go home. Do you have a ride?" The nurse smiled, actually being the only one to care about my health.

"Yeah."

I walked out of the nurses office and slumped next to Kian on a chair.

"Going home?" He asked not bothering to look in my direction.

"Yeah. My mom is on her way."

We sat in silence, until my mom pulled up into the school parking lot. I reached for my bag trying to find where I had put my phone.

"Where's my phone?" I mumbled going through my backpack for the fiftieth time.

"I have it. You left it on the sink in the bathroom," Kian said, handing me my phone.

"What did you do?"

"Nothing."

"Then why don't I believe you?"

"Probably have the wrong impression of me. Get better Alex!"

I rolled my eyes and walked out to my mom who had been sitting in the parking lot for three minutes, waiting for me to walk out.

"I see you were talking to Kian," She said.

"How do you know his name?" I asked.

"I work with his mom. I don't think you should talk to him. He's not the best person to be hanging around with."

"Mom, I know he isn't the nicest, but he's an alright person."

I couldn't believe I was defending him. Like at first I wanted to strangle him, but after I left the nurse and talked to him for a couple minutes he actually seemed okay or it just might've been the major headache I had taking over. 

"You just met him."

"You don't know him."

She didn't say anything after my last remark. I unlocked my phone to see that it had been left on messages.

Kian

Hey. it's me. 

I laughed at how simple his message was, but I guess I shouldn't expect more from him. I didn't bother responding because knowing him, he needs to know how it feels when people open your messages and don't respond. It's just the fuckboy way.

"I don't want you to be hanging around him. I don't want you to pick up and his bad habits," My mom said, breaking the silence.

"Mom. You already said that. Plus he's not that bad, he's a chill guy."

"Alex, I refuse to let you do that to yourself. Those guys are no good for you."

***

hope you liked this sucky first chapter. I have big ideas, so just stick around