10 - Eavesdropping?

Monday. I honestly couldn't handle going to school, especially when that means Lachlan won't be there and Kian will be there. In the short three weeks I've known Lachlan I feel so much happier, but all that happiness goes away when I go to school and for some reason I felt like today would be hell, well more hell than usual.

***

When lunch finally came I was so thankful that I could get away from Kian. Between his glares and puppy looks, I don't think I could handle seeing him for another hour. After about five minutes of standing in line to get my food, I finally got it and headed towards my lunch table.

"Alex, can we talk?"

Knowing the voice, I ignored it and sat down at the table, waiting for Connor, Troye, Lia, and Jc to get there.

"Alex. You can't ignore me forever."

"But you know damn well I will try."

Kian slid into the seat next to me and tried to grab my hand which I quickly pulled away.

"I have no fucking idea what I did wrong, but I don't deserve any of this Alex. We didn't end off on a good note last time we talked."

"You don't deserve this? God, if only you were me. Plus, I don't get why you want to talk to me when you have a girlfriend."

"You know I don't like her."

"Then why are you still with her? Is it because if you know that if you break up with her you'll be single because there is no chance in hell I'm going to ever date you?"

"Alex, stop acting like this."

"Like what Kian?"

"Alex, oh my gosh. You've been acting like such a bitch lately. You get pissed off at me for no fucking reason. It's not like I did anything to you. It was all Andrea."

"Kian, you let it happen and-"

"OH YEAH. AND IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT YOURSELF ENOUGH EITHER. YOU'RE THE ONE THAT IS CUTTING YOURSELF NOT ME. I'M NOT TAKING THE BLADE TO YOUR WRIST AND CUTTING IT, THAT'S YOU! OH AND CAN YOU STOP LEADING THAT FUCKING ASSHOLE ON?"

Tears began to flow down my face. He knew that saying stuff about cutting didn't put me in a good state of mind. He knew that it was a touchy subject.

"IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED KIAN? DO YOU NOT SEE WHY WE DON'T HAVE A CHANCE TOGETHER? I'm so done with this."

I grabbed my bag and sprinted out of the school, not bothering to listen to the teacher who tried to stop me from leaving. It's like Kian didn't even care about me. Like, he's basically acting like if I'm not with him, I can't be happy.

About a block away from the school I pulled out my phone and called the only person I knew wasn't in school.

"Lachlan, can you please come and get me. I need someone right now before I break," I cried into the phone, not even caring about how gross my voice sounded.

"Of course. I'm close, so I'll be there in about a minute," Lachlan responded, sounding genuinely concerned.

I threw my bag onto the sidewalk and basically curled up into a ball and cried. As much as I didn't want what Kian said to get to me, I couldn't handle it.

Lachlan pulled up and quickly jumped out of his car. He sat down on this sidewalk next to me and took hold of my hand.

"Who did this Alex?" He asked.

"Kian. He kept on saying things about me cutting and how I'm leading you on and I just couldn't take it. It's such a touchy subject and he fucking knows that."

"Of course it was fucking him. I don't understand why he wants you all of a sudden. He fucking messed up and all of this isn't making it better. He's not going to win you back from acting like an asshole."

"Can we just go somewhere. I honestly don't care where, I just need to get away from all of this."

"Of course."

***

We pulled up to a house which reminded me of a log cabin. It wasn't all flashy like most of the houses around here, but the quirkiness about it pulled me in.

"This is my parents winter house, well I mean it's basically just my house when I'm up here." Lachlan explained, well at least tried to.

"I like it!"

He laughed and we both headed into the house. Now, when I say the house was way different on the inside, I mean WAY different. The outside reminded me of houses you'd find in Canada, but the inside was a modern Cali house. It was clean, which is amazing when a boy living alone is staying there.

"Want to watch something? I'm currently watching Glee if you know what that is."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME? OMG! GLEE IS MY LIFE. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LIKE IT!!!"

Lachlan laughed and blushed at the same time before turning Glee on. He was a couple episodes behind me, but I don't mind re-watching some episodes. I grabbed a blanket off the floor and curled up into a ball witch my head resting on couch arm. After a while I became uncomfortable and I flipped over so I was now resting my head on Lachlan's lap.

He began to lightly pull the hair out of my face, which continuously fell right back onto my face. I looked up at him and he looked back down at me. We both smiled before I finally flipped over and continued to watch Glee, but I very sneakily intertwined my fingers with his and we both didn't say a word about it, and very soon I fell asleep.

***

I woke up to find Lachlan gone, but I heard his voice off in the kitchen I believe.

"Dude, I think I'm falling for her," He whispered.

I obviously couldn't hear who was on the other line or what the other person was saying, but I just listened to what Lachlan was saying.

"Jc, call me crazy, but I'm serious. I know its only been a three weeks since Alex and I met, but Alex makes me feel some sort of way and I don't want her to have to deal with Kian alone anymore. She deserves a guy that will make her feel happy and loved. And I don't know if you can tell, but Kian isn't and will never do that."

I smiled knowing that he liked me as more than a friend because our little hand hold earlier would've been awkward.

"I hope she feels the same way dude. Oh and she's with me right now because Kian was a fucking asshole at lunch. He decided to bring everything up about her self harm. I think she'll be fine when she wakes up because she seemed a lot calmer when we got here. Hopefully she feels the same way because if she doesn't I'm screwed. I'm falling way too fast to turn back now."

He said goodbye and started to walk back over to me and I pretended to wake up.

"Why hello there Alex. How was your nap?"

"Great."

"That's good. I think I might hang out with Jc and Lia later if you would like to come."

"As much as I would love to, I think I need to talk to my mom about homeschooling me or something because I can't handle going to school with him anymore."

"Awe man. Well, how 'bout I bring you home now then?"

"If I have to."

I got up off the couch and ran over to Lachlan and tackled him in a hug. And when I say tackled, I mean tackled.

"Thank you so much by the way. I feel so much better."

"Anything for you Alex."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEAM #LALEX OR TEAM #KALEX

(Yes, I know these are similar names but I couldn't think of anything better. If you guys can, comment it for me)

UNTIL NEXT TIME!!!