21 - Proposal?

TWO WEEKS LATER

ALEXS POV

"Lachlan, are we there yet? We've been in the car forever, I mean the sun is almost setting!"

"Yes, we are here now!"

"Wow."

I stepped out of the car and felt my jaw drop. The water was super calm, only a few waves coming in ever few minutes. There wasn't anyone there either, just Lachlan and I.

"So Ms. Alex, would you like to go walk along the shore?" Lachlan smiled.

"What do you think?! Being stuck in the car forever sucks man! Especially when you're pregnant!"

Lachlan laughed and walked over to me so he could grab my hand. Being out of the car made me so happy, especially because my surroundings were a lot better than expected.

"I would take a picture of this right now, but we would have no one to take it of us and we both need to be in a picture of this beautiful moment."

"That's alright Alex. Maybe we will find someone to take a picture of us, or we will find something to hold your phone so we can do the time thing!" Lachlan laughed.

We continued to walk along the shore as the sun slowly changed from blue, to a light purpley color, to a mixture of purple, pink, orangish, yellow, and a very small tint of blue.

"Alex, I love you!" Lachlan smiled.

"I love you too."

Lachlan stopped walking and stepped in front of me. He got on one knee and instantly my heart began to beat ten times faster.

"Alex, I have been in love with you since the day we met. I know that may seem crazy, but it's true. Throughout the past few months I haven't felt as happy as I have been with you. You make my life ten times better. We're starting a family and honestly, I couldn't be happier than to settle down with you. Alex, you're my whole world and I can't wait to see where life will take us. Will you marry me?" Lachlan poured out with tears beginning to form in his eyes.

"Of course I will. How can I say no to you?"

He slid the ring on my finger and it fit perfectly. As he stood up I jumped into his arms and tears began to flow down my face. I was so happy that I was finally going to marry the man who I've always dreamed about.

"By the way, the picture you wanted has been taken. We should be getting them in an hour!" Lachlan grinned, pointing to a camera man who had been hiding from me.

"I don't mean to sound cheesy or anything, but I'm glad I'm getting married to you. It may seem crazy that I feel so in love with you so soon, but it's true. You're the first guy in my life that has seriously treated me like a princess, which I've never experienced before. You're the first guy I've truly felt happy about being in my life since my dad passed away. I can't wait for the next few months to fly by before we have our first child."

"You don't sound cheesy at all. You never talk about your dad. What happened to him?"

"Well, when I was about ten or eleven, I can't remember, we were driving to my grandmas house for Christmas when we got hit on the drivers side by a drunk driver. My mom and I only received a few scratches and I think my mom had a broken finger or something, but my dad died instantly. It's weird to think my mom and I survived with only a few scratches while he died. I used to think that I should died instead of him, which is why a short while after I began to self harm. He was a great man who made sure his whole family wasn't living paycheck to paycheck and that we were happy all the time. He was my superhero."

Lachlan pulled me into his arms and just hugged me. I knew he felt bad about it and I was glad he hugged me. I really didn't want him to see me cry again.

"I'm really sorry Alex. He sounded like a great man though. I hope that my child sees me as their superhero though. And I hope I make you happy," He whispered.

"You do. Everyday."

***
KIANS POV

It's been two weeks since I've heard from Alex. TWO FUCKING WEEKS. And I know I shouldn't, but I miss her like crazy.

My phone lit up with a Instagram notification from Alex. I've had her notifications on since we met basically. And all her Instagram posts, post to her Twitter and Facebook.

@AlexxJames: I fall more in love with you everyday.

The picture was of Lachlan down on one knee, purposing to Alex. She had tears falling down her face, but she looked so happy.

I needed to at least hear from her, so I decided to text her.

Me: Alex I'm so sorry. I saw your picture on Insta and I'm glad you're happy with Lachlan. What I said about him having a second girlfriend, was my way of trying to get you back in my life which I should've never done. I'm sorry that I made you feel like shit, I guess I felt better if I told myself Lachlan wasn't good for you. Maybe if I learn how to treat you like you should be treated, we can go somewhere to eat or hang out. I'm happy for you.
__________________

ONLY A FEW CHAPTERS LEFT GUYS! MAYBE 5-10 OR MORE. I HAVE NO IDEA. BUT I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THIS BOOK!