23

| Isabella |

After my some what heated and slightly awkward conversation with Nathan when we got back from Florida, it was a week before I plucked up the courage to text him again. Our messaging was short, but he didn't seem uninterested, answering with the usual promptness he always did when we texted. I tried to convince him to get a Snapchat, but he said he was too busy. That made me think the next time I saw him, I'd download it to his phone secretly and then Snapchat him later, forcing him to start using it.

I think Racheal noticed my glum mood, particularly because she asked me several times during the week, and it wasn't until Monday the following week, when I finally answered her truthfully.

"Honestly, Nathan's bothering me again." I complained to her over a breakfast of Lucky Charms.

"That asshole." she shrieks immediately and I giggled.

"It's not his fault, I think I scare him . . ." I muse, taking another bite of cereal. She frowns at me, narrowing her eyes, obviously thinking long and hard.

"You could try and make him jealous." she says, waggling her eyebrows at me and I roll my eyes. I take a long sip of orange juice. "Or better yet, send him nudes."

"What!?" I splutter, nearly spitting my juice out all over the table.

"Yeah its perfect, it tests the waters in just the right way. I see your dilemma, I know what you're going through. If you send him a suggestive, yet tasteful, photo of your nearly naked body, he will without a doubt be interested. Think about it, he has invited you to come and stay with him and his family. He has kissed you, he has gone down on you." she winks at me and I blushed.

"Racheal." I hiss. I couldn't resist telling her about our little escapade the first night we spent together and clearly that had been a mistake. She continues, despite my horrified expression.

"As I was saying, he's gone down on you, you've gone down on him, but you have not slept together yet. This leaves him horny, wanting, wondering what it would be like. Therefore, sending him this picture gets these thoughts constantly stuck in his mind because he cannot stop seeing that way. Then he comes over here, most likely he is either amused by it or annoyed by it. Then you will know, if he tells you he doesn't really want that, which I know he won't, then you know, he's a lost cause and that you should move on. But if instead, this sparks a night of passion, you know, you've got yourself some form of a relationship."

"It doesn't work that way." I say, still flushed.

"It's how I locked Hunter down." she says matter-of-factly. "I wasn't sure if what we had was anything at all, I sent him some fun pictures and bam, I got a four year relationship and we're still going strong."

"But Nathan's professional and cold. I don't know how to read him, he says he doesn't want a relationship. I really don't know him, I mean I've know him a few months at least but still . . ." I sigh, trailing off.

"Trust me, this will make things fall into place. Text him right now to see what he's doing." she insists and I grab my phone from the table. I open up a message to him, eyeing her doubtfully from across the table and she giggles.

Nathan!

I type and then hit send, with in seconds I saw he'd read my message and was responding.
"He's responding." I tell her and she immediately gets up, coming from her place at our breakfast bar to sit next to me. She peers over my shoulder at the screen.

Yes?

Oh, I just wanted to say hi and see what you're up to.

I type and send it. Racheal just observes our conversation silently.