27

| Isabella |

Arriving home, after spending the whole weekend with Nathan, felt strange. After our date Friday night, I stayed over and then spent the entire day in bed with him Saturday. Today, Sunday, we would have spent all day in bed again but we decided to get up and go out for lunch. Afterwards, it was time to go home, he had work to do and as much as I just wanted to go back to his apartment, Racheal probably thought I was dead or something. Seeing as I hadn't been in contact with her since the nude-sending incident.

I set my purse down on the kitchen counter, sighing and smiling to myself. I look around, the apartment seemed empty, maybe Racheal was still with Hunter. I run my fingers across my lips, thinking of the way Nathan kissed me when we said goodbye before. He'd been different this weekend, I saw flashes where he seemed cold or wary but then it was gone and he was . . . sweet again. It was hard to believe that he could be so . . . normal.

He'd always had this way of pulling everyone woman within a mile radius around him towards him, but it wasn't through the typical charm associated with a "ladies man". No it was through this, calm, collected manner he had.

But these past few days, that exterior seemed to melt away. He smiled, he laughed and he kissed me like it meant something to him. I hoped I'd see more of that side of him from now on.

I start moving around the kitchen, going to grab a glass of water when I hear a noise come from the other side of the apartment.

"Izzy? Is that you?" Calls Racheal's voice and I smile, she must not have heard me come in.

"Yes!" I call back. I get a glass just as a loud thud echoes behind me. I turn and scream as I am nearly tackled to the ground by a shrieking Racheal.

"Your back!" She shouts, squeezing me tightly and jumping up and down. I laugh, trying not to faint from being unable to breathe- her death grip was inescapable.

"Hi." I wheeze, patting her back awkwardly with my one free hands.

"Let me look at you!" She pulls back, releasing me and looking me up and down. She smiles suddenly, looking very smug. "Yep, definitely, I knew it."

"What?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"You. Got. Laid." She says pointedly and then she giggles like a mad woman. I blush instantly, my cheeks hot as I make a face at her.

"Jeez." I mutter and I gasp as she grabs me again and jumps up and down in celebration. She tugs on my arm.

"Come on, lets go to the couch and you can tell me all about it!" She says, dragging me across the apartment and shoving me down on the couch. She plants herself next to me, a grin plastered across her face, her eyes wide. She looked a little crazy and I had to fight the urge to laugh.

"It's really not that exciting." I start and she immediately whacks me on the arm. I squeal. "What?"

"Do not play this down young lady." She scolds. "You had sex with Nathan Price, this is very fucking exciting."

I grin suddenly, a girlish happiness suddenly fluttering inside me at her words. "Okay, your right, it's really fucking exciting!" I say, and we both shriek, clasping our hands together.

"So, details! Please, I'm dying over here!" She says. And I smile.

"Well he came over Wednesday night and he was pissed at first because he claimed all he wanted was friendship." I begin and she laughs at that. "But then he kissed me, and he kind of admitted he had feelings for me and then we did it."

"Oh my god, how was it?" She asks, her face bright.

"Amazing." I sigh. "I'll tell you I haven't ever, you know, like that before. God, I never thought I'd say this about a man, but he kind of blew my mind."