34

| Isabella |

"What about this one?" Asks Rachael, turning to me and holding up a light pink dress. I nod and smile.

"Pretty." I tell her and she smiles too, gazing at it again before adding it to the ever growing pile of clothes she was planning on buying.

We were currently shopping at a little boutique and she had practically picked out half the clothing items in the store by now, slowly making her way through the various racks. I chose a few pieces, we were mostly here for her because she wanted to go shopping and I had nothing better to do besides wait for Nathan to get home.

Today he was flying home, and I was going to meet him later as soon as he was back in New York, but that wasn't until 7:30 at the earliest and right now it was only noon. So, I was dragged out of the apartment and out into the beautiful fall day.

"So what are you and Nathan doing tonight?" Asks Rachael as she continues to browse. I giggle a little.

"I don't know- I mean, he's planning something but he won't tell me." I say and she smiles slyly at me.

"Don't worry, I'm with Hunter tonight so you two get the apartment to yourselves." She says. "Or go to his place, which is probably better."

"What are you implying?" I asked, feeling my cheeks heating up even though I wasn't really embarrassed about anything.

"Nothing." She says mischievously. "Just that he might also intend to show you how much he missed you. . . so you two will need space to be alone."

"Oh good lord." I mutter, turning to the shirt I'm looking at that has a striped pattern.

"Well it's only natural." Says Rachael. "Maybe you should have a surprise for him as well."

And before I even know what's happening she's dragging me father back into the store until we're standing in front of a wall full of fancy lingerie. "No." I start but she shushes me.

"Just pick out something cute." She insists, picking out a cream colored, lace set and handing it to me. I hold it out in front of me, inspecting it. It was simple and sweet . . . something I knew he'd like.

"I don't know." I sigh and she rolls her eyes.

"If you don't get it, I will buy it and give it to you." She says and I give her a look.

"Okay fine." I mutter. "It is cute and kind-of sexy."

"See a nice treat." She adds and we both giggle, heading to the checkout.

. . .

After we went shopping Rachael and I went out to lunch at a cute little cafe down the street from our apartment. We got our food and then sat out on the small patio in front of the restaurant going over some beginning details for the wedding. We were both bubbling with excitement, going through a few magazines that she brought with her and looking at what we liked, book marking pages with sticky notes.

"Look at this one, with the white roses." She says, sliding the magazine she had across the table to me.

"Ooh! I like it, with the gold detailing." I say, pointing to the details I liked. "You're obviously going for super elegant and classy."