35

| Nathan |

I hadn't really understood what it was like to 'miss' someone until I had to be away from Isabella for almost two weeks. And now that I was back in New York, in a car, driving to her apartment, I suddenly understood what it also meant to be excited to see someone. She had been texting me, expecting that she'd come meet me at my apartment, but I couldn't wait and I wanted to surprise her.

I parked in front of her building, entering and heading quickly to the elevator. I knocked on her door, and nearly two seconds later, it was yanked open. She was grinning, her eyes bright, looking as beautiful as ever.

"Nathan!" she says happily and launches herself into my arms. "I knew it, I knew you were coming to surprise me." I hug her tightly, inhaling her sweet rose perfume and holding her close.

"Hey baby." I sigh, burying my face in her neck and shoulder. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." She whispers. We stumble back into the apartment, still in each others arms as I kick the door shut. As soon as we're behind closed doors, her lips meet mine feverishly, kissing me. I press her back against the door, hiking her legs up around my waist, and kissing her back with just as much force. I break from her lips and kiss down her neck, pushing her hair back. I run my hands up her legs and to her hips.

"Uh, I've missed this." she groans, locking my hair in her fingers as I continue to kiss a trail to her shoulder.

"I want to talk and hear all about your week but I need you." I confess, pulling back and we both laugh. She grabs my jaw in her tiny hands, crashing our lips together again.

"I need you too." she gasps, I press myself against her and she sighs, kissing me again. Her hands push my suit jacket off my shoulders and to the ground, just as I pull her shirt over her head to join it.

Eventually we end up in her bedroom, both in our underwear, panting and kissing each other desperately. I run my hands down her soft body, squeezing her legs as they wrap themselves around my hips, she gasps as my lips meet her throat. Her head tilting back into her pillows, one hand on my arm and the other in my hair. I trail my fingers lower and lower on her body, loving the sounds she makes under my touch.

"Nathan." she whispers and I groan against her shoulder, needing more now. I push farther and farther, until there's no more space left between us.

. . .

"God." she mutters, curling up against my side as I wrap one arm around her and pull her closer.

"I know." I say, my voice still hoarse and ragged. "Fuck, that was good."

"Going nearly two weeks without . . . that was rough." she says, giggling and I laugh too. "You better not go away again for a very long time."

"Oh trust me, with you here, I won't." I say, rolling over onto my side to face her. She looks beautiful, even in the dim lighting in her room, I can see the flush in her cheeks, the way her hair tumbles down her back in long waves . . . everything about looking at her was perfect.

"So, what did you do without me?" I ask, now ready to talk with her, our needs from before satisfied . . . for now. She smiles lightly.

"Well, I worked and ate and watched TV." I smirk at her and she smiles slyly. "I know, very exciting. Anyways, then Rachael got engaged and I spent all my free time after that helping with wedding planning because she is an over-achiever and wanted to start now."

"I can see that." I say and she giggles.

"In this one week I looked at more wedding magazines than I ever have in my entire life." she admits. "And then today we went shopping and went to lunch . . ." she trails off then, something flashing in her eyes.