Chapter 15

Dedicated to: Freaking_Fandoms

The plane's hatch opened and we all walked out of the plane with all caution as we were told. Beastboy kept me close to him.

We enter through the back door and none of the lights worked.

"Cyborg, flashlight please." Robin asks and a sudden bright light appears in front of the team as Cyborg led it.

A blast comes from the wall on my right sending everyone against the opposite wall.

"Everyone okay!?" Robin yells over everyone coughing. Different yeses spread across the room assuring Robin.

A crackling noise comes from the other side of the floating dust sending everyone into battle positions. Even me.

"Raven-"

"Robin I can do it!" I yell over him.

Suddenly something of great size jumps into view. It's all made of metal, we couldn't entirely see much but we could hear the gears and joints clash when it moved. A low hum followed every time it stood still.

I blast once and I fall over.

My energy... it's gone.

"Beastboy get Raven out of here!" Robin yells and Beastboy comes over to me and picks me up like a bride and carries me to the roof.
~
He quickly but carefully lies me down. I look down seeing strange markings on my arms and legs.

"The gem was born of evil's fire, the gem shall be his portal. He comes to claim he comes to sire, the end of all things mortal." I kept repeating over and over I couldn't stop.

"Raven. What are yo-" Beastboy stops as he looks up seeing Slade levitating just above the edge of the tower not too far from us.

I stop repeating those words and slowly stand up looking at Slade. I throw a ball of black energy him. As he dodges it I fall over, luckily caught by Beastboy... again.

Slade throws a sharp knife at me cutting my cheek. Beastboy quickly stands up in front of me.

"You bas-"

"Move it mutt, I have a score to settle with the demon." He pushes Beastboy with just the force of wind from his hand.

Damn you Jedi.

"What the hell did I do to you?" I exclaim standing up once again only to be knocked down again by one of his small knives.

"It was your father." He lands on the edge and begins walking to me. I stand back up walking towards him.

"What did my father do to you to make you hate me?" I ask getting knocked down again by another knife.

"He made a deal with me, and he fell short of it!" He yells as I stand one more time and he runs to me, tripping me but catches me by my throat. He begins choking me holding me in the air.

"Slade, put her down!" Beastboy yells standing up and balling his fists.

"Make me mutt!" He exclaims and as Beastboy came running at Slade, Slade pulled out a needle and stuck it right in Beastboy's left arm and began pushing in a yellow liquid.

He soon fell to the ground after being pushed off by Slade. With my neck in Slade's right hand, he kicked Beastboy off of the tower but Beastboy caught himself.

"Beastboy, how does it feel to fall?" Slade asks stepping on Beastboy's fingers one at a time.

"In love? Wonderful Oh wait, you wouldn't know maybe you should try it sometime." He smirks. As Slade let his guard down, Beastboy swung himself back on the roof tripping Slade in the process.

Slade let's go of me and gets kicked off the building; he is now hanging where Beastboy was.

One by one Beastboy steps on Slade's fingers and soon enough Slade went falling into the ocean.

I lay still on the roof trying to regain my breath by not panicking as Beastboy turns around and runs to me.

The cloudy day becomes a fair rain storm dripping down on my face and hitting every wound on my face and body.

"Rae.... Raven?" Beastboy kneels beside me picking me up and holding
me.

"Hi." I whisper trying not to cry.

"H-hey there." He smiles down on me as his usually spiked hair droops down making more of an umbrella for me.

"I never noticed your hair was so long." I smile running my fingers through his hair.

"Yeah well, it's the little things." He chuckles as do I before it begins to hurt again.

The pain gets worse and I begin grabbing his shirt trying to calm down but with no prevail.

"Shh... Hey, Hey, hey, it's going to be okay I promise just listen." He shushes me by putting my head to his chest listening to his heartbeat nice and steady and slow.

"Rae?" He asks as I look back up at him.

"It beats for you." He leans and kisses me.

God the one thing I've been waiting for, I'm not afraid anymore. The kiss that really meant something that wasn't just a picture for some fangirl on Twitter. it was. Love.

His smooth gentle lips leave mine and he smiles. He just stares at me with those wonderful green eyes complimenting them was the rain that fell from his hair into mine.

"Raven. I love you." His whispered words that sounded like trumpets and my heart beated like a drum.

"Beastboy i-" something suddenly cuts Bestboy across the cheek making him bleed as I did.

"I told you to stay out of this MUTT!" Slade comes from behind him running at full speed.

Beastboy quickly dodges then trips Slade. He picks me up and rests me against the wall beside the entrance to the roof.

The door swings open revealing some pretty beat up Titans. I manage to keep everyone from firing to let me do it.

I begin meditating, repeating my words over and over until my tongue couldn't stop and all I had to focus on was my wounds.

The pain flourished away quickly enough so that I was able to stand up within a few minutes.

I shoot a ball of energy straight at Slade barely nicking BeastBoy.

As Slade got pushed back from the blast he had fired a bullet straight for me. Robin quickly used his staff and ricocheted it off.

A painful gasp comes from behind Robin as he turns on his heel seeing the ricocheted bullet had... hit Star.. dead in the heart.

"STARFIRE!" Robin screams running over and catching her in his arms. While Slade was lying on the ground distracted, Beastboy picked him up and Cyborg decided to take Slade from Beastboy for less struggle on him.

"Star. I-I didn't se- I didn't know." He sputters as she lay looking at him breathing heavily.

"Robin?" She asks in a whisper as he closer.

"Yes Star?" He asks back, shifting her body so they're more comfortable.

"Do you remember the day of our first meeting?" She asks.

"Like it was yesterday, why?" He asks back.

"Because that was the first time I've ever met anyone who I knew was going to be my hero." She whispers sending tears from both Robin and herself.

He leans in close to her dying body and they kiss. Their lips leave and soon after, Princess StarFire of Tameran died in the arms of the boy who saved her.