Chapter 16

My best friend.... gone.

Trying to process the unfortunate event was absolutely dreadful and it hurt like hell.

"Hey!" Cyborg yells and in the midst of rain and fog Slade slipped out of Cyborg's grasp and began to run away.

The rain continues to pour down even harder and everyone is surrounded Robin and Star. Robin continues to cry over Star's body as mine becomes weaker.

I fall to my knees as all of my revived wounds are somehow reopening creating the same pain.

Lash marks, my stomach wound, bruised skin all over, all of it returning the pain as it laid upon me before.

"Raven?" Beastboy asks kneeling beside me watching closely as my wounds got worse and worse.

I move my hand from my stomach showing blood then look down and quickly look away, covering it back up.

I crawl over to Star, still being held my Robin. I put my bloody hand on her arm and slowly begin transitioning pure energy into her.

"Rae-"

"I'm trying to revive her." I mumble, feeling blood trickle down my chin. Soon my eyes revert quickly to white. I try to keep in my screams from the excruciatingly painful situation I've put myself in.

Star and I begin to rise into the air. She's standing in front of me as we're in a white sphere of light.

All noise from the outside of the sphere are cancelled and only a few screams from each of us inside are heard.

Soon her head drops and everything for me becomes blurry. We slowly find ourselves reaching the roof once again and our feet touch.

She lies back into Robin's arms and I'm in Beastboy's. A sickening gasp is inhaled by Star reassuring her return.
Robin takes a sigh of relief and looks at her for moment only then as her eyes open and her warm smile appears he kisses her.

"Raven... your cloak." Beastboy's face moves from mine looking at me up and down.

I look at my sleeves and my stomach seeing my wounds have gone but my suit is..... white.

I jump from Beastboy's grasp and stand feeling no pain but everyone's eyes on me.

"Raven!" Beastly yells and everyone including him gets up running toward me.

In my confusion I take a step toward them running and brace for Beastboy's impact.

Instead something touches my shoulder and they all go through me like ghosts.

I gasp and my eyes widen, not feeling their grasp.

"Raven." A heavenly woman's voice coos for me to come closer. But the voice had to owner, well to my knowledge.

"Raven." Her voice peers again sending me blind into the black abyss.

"Who's calling!?" I yell back receiving no answer for a few minutes.

"You don't recognize your own mother's voice?" She finishes then a blast of light is shown, much like I was in a dark tunnel.

"Mother?" I ask walking toward the end of the tunnel a bit slower than before. I suddenly see a womanly figure stand in a long dress holding out her hands for me to come closer.

Sudden images of a woman in a white dress hovering over me flashed making me dizzy and remembering her.

I finally get close enough to see her. She looks beautiful just standing there in her dress and white doves all around her.