Chapter 13

The lights. The people. The smells. The sounds. The tastes. Everything. Amazing!

I've never seen such a beautiful city, I've never met such nice people.

Every time Beastboy saw a pretty girl he'd pick a flower from one of the flower beds that are lined around cafés or shops, and give it to them. I tried to ignore it.

"Hey Raven." Beastboy's voice made my heart flutter as he said my name. I spun around on my heel to catch Beastboy's eyes staring into mine.

"Yes, Beastboy?" I ask hesitantly as he gets slightly closer.

"I just wanted to.."

"To?"

BeastBoy was so close his breath hit my face and our noses nearly touched.

"Give you a.."

Beastboy just say it!!!!!

"A rose, here" BeastBoy hands me a de-thorned rose that's been cut down.
"Wait I have a better idea." Bestboy takes the rose back and pulls down my hood, then puts the rose in my hair behind my ear.

"Viola!" BeastBoy kisses his fingertips and smiles as do I.

"Beastboy, you flirt!" Cyborg exclaims punching his arm playfully.

"Shut up Cy, just giving the pretty lady a flower that's all." He smirks them we continue to walk along the sidewalk getting strange looks from everyone.

"Okay I've about had enough of people staring at me." Cyborg says as we all stop.

"Okay well you're just going to have to deal with it because we need to find that paper." Robin begins walking.
~
"Robin it's been four hours and we've searched the city five times, let's just get to bed already." I exhale and everyone nearly falls over.

"We're not just going to stop looking." Robin protests. "Keep looking-"

Robin stops talking, looking behind us. A large wall of fog appears blocking out everything in its path.

suddenly something goes straight through me I look down feeling nothing until I actually look at it.

"RAVEN!" Beastboy's voice screams after me as I get pulled away. I lose sight of them behind a thick wall of fog.

The claw in me quickly exits as I'm thrown against a wall then fall to the ground soon after.

My cloak covers my wound and I move it to look. Blood soaks around that area and the ground I lay on. I quickly put my cloak over my wound and lie on my back.

I feel blood trickle down from my nose dripping into my mouth, I'm in no power to stop it, even move.

Beastboy's POV.

She's gone. She's gone.

Those words kept repeating in my head bouncing around making me dizzy and enraged.

A deep voice bellows from behind the midnight fog making the ground tremble. He laughs sending more anger through me.

"One down, four to go." The creature stays hidden.

"You sick bastard!" I yell back.

"Beastboy keep your goddamn voice down!" Robin yells back at me.

"Neither of you are helping or settling the predicament we are in so I do insist that you both stop arguing!" StarFire snaps shutting us both up.

"Damn Star, you okay?" Cyborg asks.