Chapter 3

Raven's POV.

I wake up screaming covering my ears as I hear banging at my door. Suddenly everyone bursts through.

"Raven!" I hear Beastboy yell. I look over to my window side to see a deep figure with half of his face with what looked like copper.

"Slade get away from her!" Robin yells throwing a red knife like object. As he throws it Slade takes out a black knife and cuts my hair into an A-line then vanishes with the cut off hair as the knife comes too close to hitting him.

Beastboy comes after me and holds me tight.

"Are you alright?" He asks as he rocks me.

I just stayed quiet as my eyes stayed wide and hold my hair.

Robin pushes Beastboy off of me as he hugs me as I hear his heart practically beats out of his chest.

"You're safe now." He says holding my head.

He let's go of me and holds my face. I look into his eyes and shake my head in disbelief.

"How could you?" I whisper. He furrows his eyebrows with a look of confusion in his eyes.

"What do you mean?" He asks running his hand through my hair.

I look down at my lap and my hands. I feel Robin's finger lift my chin as he leans in and kisses me. My eyes stay open as I look at the corner of my eyes to see Beastboy looking down at the ground with clenched fists.

I quickly push Robin away and stand next to Beastboy.

"You traded me out for STARFIRE! How could you do that to her, she's sweet kind and would never hurt a fly Beastboy is the only one who ever had any faith and had the most caring capabilities around here!" I yell I take his hand and hold it in defense.

"I'm going to do the tests tomorrow, if I don't make it in fine, if I do I swear to you this team will have a better outlook than it does now." I say and use my powers to push everyone out of the room besides Beastboy.

"I just wanted to say thanks, and to never ever help me again." I say letting go of his hand.

"Wh- why?" He asks as I turn away

"Because the last time you 'saved me' you gave me this piece of hell and turned me into something I'm not." I tell him turning around.

"Alright fine I respect your made decision good luck at the tests tomorrow, you won't need it though." He says and leaves the room.

I climb back into bed but sit levitating over the middle of my bed as I repeat these words that keep me calm.

"Azarath metrion zinthos, Azarath mention zinthos, Azarath mention zinthos." I finish and take a deep breath. I drop onto the bed and cover up.

'Ughh dumbass' I think to myself hitting my forehead with the palm of my hand.

I listen to hear Beastboy sigh and his footsteps fade as they enter his room.

I slowly close my eyes and fall asleep.

I'm awakened by my alarm set to 5:30 a.m. I sit up and rub my head as knocking has approached my door. I get up with my huge T-shirt on and I rub my eyes before opening the door.

I see Beastboy with two plates of scrambled eggs and toast. He just stares at my shoulder as my sleeve falls from it revealing my tank and bra strap.