Chapter 10

Music blasted making my head throb and my whole body shakey. I felt the bass through my chest making it feel like my heart was pounding out.

"Well I think we hit Vegas!" I yell over all the music.

"Yeah I see search lights to the casino we need to search through." Robin responds as we zip through the city towards a very large casino.

We all stop as four of us land just staring at the massive, yet delicate, building.

"Best of luck whoever finds a three inch long piece of paper in there." Beastboy says and Cyborg whistles after.

"Alright how about we split up, Star with me, Cyborg you go alone, Beastboy and Raven, alright our goal is to do this under two hours if either of us finds the paper we call each other on our phones and meet right outside the casino, understand, any questions?" Robin asks looking at everyone.

"Why does Raven get to be with Beastboy?" Cyborg asks.

"You. And Beastboy. In a Casino. I don't think so." Robin says and I laugh along with him and Star.

We split up and the first few minutes of us looking around was silent.

"Whoa look at that!" Beastboy yells and runs over to a skee ball machine.

"Beastboy were here on a mission not for the arcade!" I yell and drag him away by his shirt collar.

"Fine, mom."

"Ugh don't call me that."

"What about mama I know that irritates you."

"Bestboy just shut up."

"Raven why you gotta be so rude! Don't ya know I'm human too-"

"You're NOT human you're green and can morph into different animals, you don't even know the meaning!" I yell and turn around trying to calm down.

"Whoa Rae take a joke."

"Beastboy just help me find the stupid piece of paper."

"Whatever you say."
~
"Ooh look at that one-"

"BEASTBOY!" I yell revealing another pair of red eyes contouring to my original pair.

"For 47th time, no ga-!" I stop as I look up slightly above his head.

"Oh my God." I gasp and stand completely still.

"What?"

I point at a boy I didn't want to see ever again, Red X.

"Oh I'm gonna rip his throat out-"

"But he has the paper." I inturrupt still staring.

"Where?"

"There." I say and point to a whimsy red piece of paper in his back pocket.

"Oh damn you gotta go get that."

Of all things Red turns around and finds me standing there looking directly at him as Beastboy is tucked away behind an arcade game.

I slowly turn around and walk away before I not soon after feel a hand grab for mine.

I'm stopped and I look down, we're holding hands now.

I look up at him with teary eyes struggling to keep them in.

"What the he'll are you doing here!?" I exclaim.

"I was sent here by Slade for a mission." He answers.

"Ugh."

"Raven I never meant t-"

"To what, lie to me...! make me feel special! You made me feel not so, creepy."