Chapter Eight

I roll over on the top bunk in the back of the van, groaning. "These things just get less comfy every day..." I whine. 

"Shush." Shane rolls his eyes at me, tightening his arm around my waist and smiling sleepily. "Stop complaining; you could go sleep on the floor you know." 

"You wouldn't like that though, eh Shane?" Kier laughs. I hear a loud thump, and then he groans in protest. I guess Laurence just put him in his place. No questioning who wears the trousers there, then...

"Yeah, yeah..." Shane mumbles. Then he meets my gaze again, looking slightly apologetic. I sigh. "Sorry." He whispers. "They're all figuring things out because I'm too obvious." 

"Don't be sorry." I sigh. He takes my hand, and then rolls onto his back, frowning at me. "It's not your fault." 

"Really?" 

"Yes." I reasure him.

"What are you two whispering about, eh?" Luke asks from the front seat. 

"They're being dirty Timids." Kier chuckles. "Ow, Laurence you dick, stop punching me in the balls!" 

"Just because you don't want everyone else to hear that you like it." Laurence growls. I roll my eyes; it's so obvious that they're together, just listening to the pair of them babble on is enough to figure that much out. 

"God, Keveridge, enough of the sex-talk!" Luke groans. "Why don't you both just shack up and get on with it?" 

"You'd like to see that, wouldn't you?" Kier laughs. 

"I think maybe we might take you up on that idea, Pilnahn." Laurence chuckles. "Oh, Kier! Please, don't stop!" 

"I'm close, Laurence, I'm about to..." 

"Wahhh..." They both cry out, before bursting into fits of hysterical laughter. Luke just sighs, but Shane and I burst out laughing. 

"Sounds like you've done enough of that already to know what to say." I laugh. 

"Oh, but of course!" Laurence laughs. "Only the best treatment for my Kee." 

"Awwh, Laur, don't..." Kier forces out a giggle that makes him sound like a thirteen-year-old girl, and I roll my eyes. They're both probably being completely serious, considering what Laurence told me; they've been together for ages. 

"I am sorry though." Shane sighs. 

"Stop being sorry-" 

"No." He wriggles in closer to me, hiding his face in my hair as he sighs. "I keep making things awkward." 

"Stop it." I sigh. "You're not making things awkward." I know - as much as Shane seems to, judging by his disbelieving expression - that this is a lie...but it's to make him feel better, so isn't this lie okay? 

"Yes I am." He mumbles. "I'm making things awkward for you. I'm so sorry." 

"Stop apologising. It's not like you to constantly apologise. My Shane doesn't apologise about everything, my Shane just gets on with it..." Shit, wait. My Shane? Mine?! What am I going on about?

"I guess." He squeezes my hand again before he settles down into silence. I close my eyes, sighing, and roll onto my back, just listening. I can hear the engine humming, and can hear Luke's music playing quietly from the sound system at the front of the van; in the bunk below Shane and I, the sound of Kier and Laurence muttering and whispering between themselves can be heard; beside me, Shane begins to snore softly, his face buried in my neck. I can hear him mumbling slightly, and his hand tightens in mine, his face screwing up as he buries his face even further into the crook of my neck. 

"I... No, Drew... I... P-please..." He mumbles; I frown worriedly down at him, and then see his expression change, growing softer and more calm. He hides his face, and I feel his cool breath on my neck; I feel sweat forming on my brow, and close my eyes again, resisting the urge to groan. Why am I feeling like this over my best friend? It's not natural! I feel slightly...well, I'll say uncomfortable...and I cross my legs to try keep the situation at bay. "Drew..." Shane murmurs into my neck, his lips grazing the skin. I groan ever-so-slightly, and then his arm goes tight around my stomach, his hand resting on my upper thigh. I close my eyes even tighter than before, and hear him mumble something incoherent, before I decide things are perhaps a little too intense up here. So, without thinking, I try to swing my legs around to slip down from the bunk; instead of nimbly dropping to the ground like I usually would, though, I tumble onto the floor of the van, landing in a shaking, quivering heap. Damn, I forgot you're not meant to try walking with a- 

"You think he'd learn not to try walking with a boner, after living in a flat with you for several years, eh Kier?" Laurence laughs. 

"Oh my god, Wooly got a hard willy?!" Kier splutters with laughter. My face flushes a furious shade of scarlet, and I refuse to look at anyone, scowling down at my feet and crossing my legs tightly to conceal my little problem. 

"It's nothing." 

"Nothing?! You've got a hard-on, and we want to know why!" Luke laughs wickedly. 

"It's nothing, I said!" I snap. 

"Did Shane give you it?" Laurence leans forward, obviously extremely interested.  

"He did! Look at his face!" Kier laughs. I note that his t-shirt is missing. Laurence and Kier have been at it in the bottom bunk? Seriously?! Ew... 

"He didn't!" I lie. 

"Did so!" Luke laughs. 

"What...? What is it...?" I hear Shane mumble from the top bunk. He looks over the edge of the top bunk, smiling sleepily at me. "Did you have another awkward dream, Wooly?" 

"Shut up!" I hiss. "Nothing happened, I don't have a hard-on, I didn't have an awkward dream, I-" 

"Show us, then!" Kier grins. "Uncross your legs, we'll see if you've got one or not." He winks, and Laurence snorts with laughter. Shane chuckles, and Luke hoots with laughter as he drives on. 

"Why should I?!" 

"To prove me right!" Kier grins even wider. I groan, holding my breath, and then uncross my legs, my face burning scarlet. 

"And there you have it! A fuckin' erection!" Everyone claps and cheers, and I feel my face burning even hotter than before. "And we all know there's only one cure for that!" 

"Good thing we've arrived, then..." Luke slows the van. "Lads, roll out. Wooly, clean up once you're done." He chuckles, and then everyone leaves the van, leaving me to my problem. I groan; I really need to do this?! Well, I can't walk whilst I have it... But fucking seriously?! 

I seem to have no choice...

* * *

[Author's Message]

I'm a sucker for awkward, suggestive chapters. This one is so short because the next one is really quite long, and a lot happens in it (hint hint!). Also, I'm introducing Ashes in the next chapter! ^_^

Bevers 0(@.@)0 ;; x