Dancing Discoveries

I uncovered my dress, put it on, and stared at myself in awe. I took a step towards the mirror and admired the fabric I wore that was as soft and rough as the darkest blue night sky. The tight dark blue dress underneath the almost completely shear blue material ceased at the middle of my thigh. The elegant shattered pieces of crystal on the dress illuminated the night with stars as secretive as the sky that held them. There was a thin black belt built into the dress that wrapped around to my back where the material started at the small of my exposed back.

The neckline was unlike anything I had ever seen. It was like the star that held the others together. The neckline, which was two inches in width, dipped between my breasts. There was a line of the black fabric that wrapped from under my arms to make an arc above the initial plunge. From the tip of the arc came two other lines of the black fabric to form two triangles with the top points facing each other at the center of my chest and the flat edges facing my arms. From the two triangles were two more pieces of fabric to come from just further than the center of where the two triangles meet and end at a point at the base of my neck, cross over the other piece of fabric, move over my shoulders, and connect on my back in a twisted braid of sorts all the way down my spine until it hit the blue material once more.

A noise brought me out of my deep assessment and I turned to see the girl with wings behind me. She stepped forwards and I took in her dress. Her dress was as red and exquisite as the flaming reds brought on by the burning sunrise. The sweetheart neckline that was so red is was almost brown flowed brilliantly into a dark red gradually as the material draped down her form be become a fiery red by the time the material hit her legs. I didn't notice the cape like fabric until she moved to see herself.  Because of her wings that looked blacker now than the green that tinged them, she wasn't able to have a comfortable back to the dress. There was slightly see through material that held the same gradual color change that draped from her mid back where the dress was forced to stop and flowed to the floor, as easy to move as a simple breeze in the early morning. From where the material was sewn into the back, I could see that it lined the edge of the dress and tightly wrapped into each end of light fabric over her chest to create the sweetheart neckline.

We were both admiring each other's dresses before the thirty minute mark was given. I sat down on a stone chair and the girl sat in hers a couple feet from mine. We didn't speak many words due to the fact that our thoughts were raging wildly within our head. It was me who finally broke the ice.

"I refuse to allow them to pair me with another. I plan on fighting as hard as I can to get out" I spoke with honesty. She held my trust and the look of surprise and then acceptance on her face showed her mirrored emotions.

"They call me Dream" She said softly. I was shocked with her small statement that held so much control. She was showing me her trust.

"We will get through this. I will make sure we escape this torture" I made a promise that I had every intention to keep. We sat there for the remaining time in the safety of our own minds. Each minute I was tracing my way through the different tunnels. I never forgot their layout.

"I heard that the biggest guy killed a man. I may go after him!" Tamellah gossiped with some of the other girls.

"I want the younger Jenlias boy! He is highly admired!" Another girl who I wasn't familiar with said.

"Ladies!" The wicked woman appeared and I immediately felt rage and determination swell within me. "It is time!" Every girl stood up in their incredible dresses and swayed to the door. We walked to the outside of the ballroom and allowed a male to escort us in.

The men were dressed in attire fit for princes. Each man had a different color on them, but it seemed to coordinate with their eye, scale, or hair color. Half of the outfits consisted of a loose shirt tucked into a pair of trousers with a thick belt and fitted over coat. The other half of the males wore a tunic over a pair of trousers with a thick belt and fitted overcoat. The overcoat held buttons and stitching of different colors.