United

The rebuilding in the High Kingdom was structurally coming to an end, but the tributes to the fallen were still popping up strong. The news of Edoneon and Dream's engagement was the only thing to lift the spirits of the creatures. My father told the rulers of the kingdoms that this day would be pivotal in the forward movement of the kingdoms. Hopefully his words will prove true. For every kingdom's sake, this day must lift spirits and provide a new view besides the old down and depressed outlooks.

"Is the dress okay? Should I have gone with the torso wrap and long skirt?" Dream asked as she nervously looked to her white dress. I put my hands on her arms to calm her and smiled at her through the mirror.

"Edoneon will love it. Let's get you ready" Dream took off her skirt and put the flowing white skirt on. She undid her wrap and stood with her back to me as she fixed the wrap over her torso. I helped her with the back.

"I remember the last time we helped each other get ready for a wedding ceremony" Dream chuckled before turning to me and smiling.

"Yes, well this day will be a little more promising" I ran my hands through her hair twice before stepping back and looking her over. She was breathtaking.

"No, today will be filled with joy and promises as strong as diamonds" my smile fell a bit as I remembered my time in the Malignant. It took a toll on me even if I didn't want to admit it. Going back still sends a shock of nerves through me. Nightly I have nightmares that only the touch of my Intangible can fix.

"Elliana?" I snapped my head towards Dream as she waved an almost black flower in my face. "What are you thinking about?" She asked me.

"I'm sorry" I rasped "I was thinking of what happened. It tends to stop me short a lot. Sometimes I wish I never went to the Malignant" Her face became a stone and I held one of her hands in both of mine. "And then I remember you and my Intangible and all the creatures that have changed my life for the better. I remember a desperate Leneon who only wanted to return to his family. I remember a confused Dream who wanted to find where she belonged without a fear of constant ridicule" Dream smiled and looked out into the distance thoughtfully.

The door behind me opened and Linthia rushed in. I held my arms out and caught her as she jumped out at me. "It seems that Linthia is our cue. It's show time Dream" Dream gave a shudder and walked with me to the door where my Intangible was standing. "It seems I leave you here" I smiled to Dream and wrapped an arm around her shoulders before allowing my Intangible.

We walked out to the grand hall where the seats were placed. My mother told me of a time she was in this castle; it had been in ruins then. She told me of the shattered glass on the wall where the grand staircase split from one to two. Now, the glass was beautiful and clear. The walls were no longer battered and knocked down, but strong and tall, daring anyone to try and touch them.

My Intangible and I took our seats, but soon had to stand again and watch Dream and her father grace the isle to where Edoneon was standing at the top of the first staircase before it split. I sat back down and looked to see Leneon with his wife and child. A smile grew on my face as I remembered bringing Leneon to his family.

"Seven years" Leneon muttered to himself. He was wearing clothes of his people. Instead of the typical armor that graced the warrior's torso, he wore an off white, loose long sleeve shirt with brown trousers. His hair was a mess from the nervous tick he had of playing with it. Custom to his people, he wore no shoes even though there would be no flying in his future.

His mutterings ran along the lines of his shame for the loss of his wings. He felt as though he abandoned his wife and two children. Edoneon had to punch him more than once to get him under control. The only way to free Leneon of the stress and fear was to fight and Edoneon was more than willing considering his intense nerves for his wedding.