Chapter One

Picture drawn by Padfoot

Cj's p.o.v.

"YES! I FINALLY GET TO GO BACK AND SEE MY FRIENDS!"

"Wow, that makes me feel fantastic," I hear my dad say from the doorway of my bedroom.

"Dad, you know I love you. But I also love my friends, and magic. Plus, you know I always visit at Christmas time! That is if I aren't behind in classes . . ." I reply and look over to see him leaning against the door frame, arms crossed.

"I know, I know. But it's always hard to send you off places. You're all I got, kid," My dad replies, sending a sad smile.

I walk over to him and hug him,"I know, know. Just try not to miss me too much," I sigh, walking back over to my suitcase, zipping it shut. I then grab my wand off my dresser, shoving it into my boot.

I walk over to my window, opening it and letting Rum (my cute, tiny owl) into the room, and letting him fly into his cage. I pick up the cage and grab my suitcase, walking past my dad and through the house to the front door.

"Write me, all the time," My dad says, kissing my forehead.

"I know, I know," I respond, looking at my feet.

"And don't get so caught up in your studies this time, I remember how stressed you got last year," My dad says, crossing his arms once again and raising his eyebrows at me.

"Don't worry, I'm sure Rae and Bri will help me plenty with that," I laugh, thinking about how last year they threw snowballs at me when I was walking to the Ravenclaw common room with my books in order to keep me from studying.

"They're good friends, they know when you're over exerting yourself. Don't lose 'em." My dad is always telling me not to lose my friends, even though I've had the same two friends since year one, and I don't think that's going to change any time soon.

"Just . . . be careful." he says in a low voice, which throws me off for a second.

"And when have I not been?" I ask and let out a short laugh.

"I know, I know. But you know how it is out there. Better than I do."

"Exactly, that's why you can trust me," My dad pulls me into a hug. "Stay out of trouble kid, I'm getting too many letters home."

I rolled my eyes. "I love you!" I say as I pull out of the hug and walk out of the front door.

"I love you too! Write me as soon as you get there!"

"Of course!" I respond, getting into my truck and beginning to make my way to pick up Bri.

* * *

Bri's p.o.v.

"What do you mean you might not want me to go this year? It's too late! I have to be on the train in 20 minutes!" I respond to my parents, angrily throwing clothes into my suitcase.

"We just don't know if you should continue with this whole magic fiasco . . . "

I finish throwing clothes into my suitcase and zip it closed, my wand inside. I don't feel quite like carrying it.

I look up at my parents,"Fiasco? It is not a fiasco. It's literally who I am. In fact, after the next couple of years, you won't have to worry about me leaving! Because I won't have to come back!" I shout, gritting my teeth.

"Brianna, would you please-"

"No, mum. Don't. You can't refer to magic that way! It's been in my life forever, it is a part of me. You just don't understand," I reply, grabbing the cage with my owl in it.