Chapter 12

Remus' POV

I woke up next to Cj, my nightmares had not showed up all night. I quietly got out of bed and changed my clothes, before leaving Cj's room and walking out to the kitchen.

"Good morning." Gary said causally.

"Hello sir." I froze.

"Breakfast is on the stove." Gary said without looking up from the daily profit.

I went and made myself a plate, there was egg casserole on the stove that looked delicious.

"You're reading the profit?" I asked when I sat down.

"Yeah, I like to know what I'm sending her out into." He sighed.

"I know for a fact that the news isn't the best right now." I said.

"Well, it's facts. My wife was targeted by this 'he who shall not be named'." Gary spat at the paper.

"His name is Voldemort." I said. Cj's dad flinched. "Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself."

Her said looked at me agape. "I like you kid."

I blushed a little and took a bite of my food.

"I don't know if you know, but after school we plan on moving in together and joining the war." I said holding my breath.

"I'm aware." He sighed. "My daughter writes me quite often."

"Well, I want to ask your daughter to marry me. But I want your consent first." Remus said.

"If I have to give her away, and I know I do, I want to give her to you. She's told me about how you love books, and are intellectual. You remind her of her mum slightly. She told me how you are mature, and brave. Yes, you may ask for my daughters hand in marriage." Gary said.

I thanked him and went back to eating, I looked up at him and he looked happier.

"I'm glad to know my daughter is safe out there." He said before parting my shoulder and leaving.

Gary walked out of the small dining area and into the living room, which was open to it. He turned on a small box that had moving pictures. Had Cj bewitched a muggle item for her father?

"Sir, what is that?" I asked.

"A television, it's a muggle invention where you can watch movies, shows, the news, all sorts of things." He explained.

Muggles made that? Why were muggles more advanced than us? We had moving pictures, but they didn't talk, the muggle technology was amazing to look at.

I finished my breakfast and took care of my dishes.

Because all of us were 17 now we knew we could use magic, but something seemed odd to do it in this house. I think it's just because the last magic probably used in this house was the killing curse. I shivered with slight fear.

I looked out the window over the sink at the town. The view was lovely.

I walked back into Cj's room. She was still sleeping soundly. I sat down on the bed next to her, looking at her beautiful face.

She rolled over and groaned.

"Good morning lazy ass." I greeted. She flipped me off and I laughed. She caught me off guard with a pillow and we starting battling.

After our intense battle she got up and rubbed her eyes. Here hair was a mess and her clothes were all messed you from the way she had been sleeping.