Chapter 17

Cj's POV

School had been slow since we had gotten back, but that didn't stop us. The punks and the marauders were planing the perfect Valentine's Day prank, and nothing was going to get in the way. So far we were modifying a love potion, planing on using it on the teachers and having them fall in love with each other. It was going to be hard but with all of us and Lily working on the potion it would work. We had to convince lily that it was worth it, that as it was our last year it would be a memory to last forever.

"Dear Merlin above who thought that modifying a dangerous potion episode be hard?" I asked sarcastically.

"Cool down the sarcasm there love." Remus laughed.

But it was currently 3 am in the Gryffindor common room and this potion was still being a pain in the ass.

"Try three clockwise stirs." Lily suggested.

Sirius stirred it and it changed from the light blue it was to a soft simmering pink.

"It should smell like caramel." James said.

I leaned over and took a deep breath it smelled strongly of caramel, "reminds me of butterbeer." I smiled.

"Who is going to test it?" Lily asked.

"I will. I'm the only non Gryffindor here, so if something goes wrong you guys can say you going me and we trying to help me." I said.

I grabbed the goblet James had brought down. Remus, James, Sirius, and Lily all watched me intently as I took a big gulp of the potion.

Nothing really seemed to change. I looked up and expected to ounce on Remus but instead the first person I looked at was not him.

"Lily, you look so beautiful in the light of the fire." I said with a wink.

"Oh dear Merlin above this is hillarious." Sirius laughed.

"Thank you Cj." Lily blushed.

I walked up to Lily and brushed some of the hair from her face.

"I ship it!" Sirius whispered earning a whack from Remus and James who were scared of what I might do.

"Lily your eyes." I said cupping her face. "They hold the answer."

"The answer to what?" Lily asked me.

"The answer to my existence. I've never understood why I live, but now I know. Lily, I know now that I live to love you." I said, a tear falling from my eye as I admired the beauty of her,

"James take a lesson. Wow!" Lily laughed.

"Why are are laughing? Do you think my love is untrue? Lily you are the star that catches everyone's eye, you are the moon that shines through the clouds. Lily I am in love with you." I said hugging Lily tightly.

"It's been 5 minutes." Sirius said.

And I turned and looked at him and then back to Lily who was oddly close to me.

"What the hell?" I asked. Then everyone burst out laughing.

"This is going to work out perfectly." Remus said kissing me on the forehead.

****
Third person

The next day each couple split into their own team. They all were given a set of teachers and two bottles of love potion. The only rule for how to get it to them and get them to fall in love, do it without getting caught. Let's face it though, that wasn't going to happen. Because James was laughing and didn't notice professor Slughorn looking right at him.

So the entire school watched as the teacher made inappropriate comments to James.

"This is the best day of my life!!" Sirius and Lily laughed and Slughorn tried to feel James biceps.

It wasn't as funny though when professor Dumbledore had them all sat in his office.

"You do realize you could have seriously harmed someone with this?" Dumbledore said. "You are unaware of what our professors are allergic to, and if you had messed up the potion there could have been drastic consequences!"

"To be fair sir, I tested the potion personally, I would never want to hurt someone with this." Cj spoke up.

"But you could have. You will all be apologizing to the professors and will not be allowed to brew potions that aren't for medical purposes." Dumbledore said.  "Now off to your dorms for the rest of the day."

"Yes sir." We all mumbled as we left his office.

"Cj please stick behind." Dumbledore said before they left. Cj let go of Remus' hand and walked back towards Dumbledore, the rest of the students leaving.

"Well done on the potion even if it wasn't a good choice. I also want you to start brewing a claiming drought." Dumbledore said.

"Thank you sir, and why?" Cj asked.

"NEWT's are coming up, you are engaged, and you have a stronger fear of this war since you came so close to it once. You need it. I am allowing you to brew it, only for that. It will also help you stop smoking, which is never the way to go when you are stressed." Dumbledore's eyes twinkled over his half moon glasses.

"But sir I don't smok-" Cj started but stopped when Dumbledore gave her a look.

"Thank you sir, I will." Cj said with a slight smile.

"That will be all Cadence." He said.

"Shhhhh, everyone thinks my name is Cj, you know they are probably listening the ought that door." Cj said.

She quickly went and opened the door. All of her friends falling in the office.

"Your real name is Cadence?" Remus asked.

"Yeah it's not a bad name I like it and all but Cj is what I've been allied my whole life and like to be called." Cj said snappishly.

"Okay okay we get it, I would call you by your really name but I'm slightly scared of you." James said in surrender.

"Good." Cj eyed everyone with her hand on her wand.

"Well I personally thing Cj Lupin sounds better anyways." Lily teased.

"Oh bugger of Lily Potter." Cj laughed.