Chapter 24

Cj's POV

Things at school were not fine, especially today. Today was NEWT testing and I was flipping shit.

"Cj relax. Please just try to relax, you are normally the most zen and right now your making me feel unrelaxed." Rae coaxed me, putting a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"I really don't think that's helping." I said in one short breath. I was slightly hyperventilating.

The great hall was filled with noises and it was starting to fill my brain. I could hear each noise and it felt like it was getting louder and louder until screamed and ran out of the great hall.

Rae, Bri, and Lily followed me, slightly freaked out.

I was hyperventilating in an abandoned classroom, holding my head in my hands and trying to catch my breath. Suddenly, in walked McGonagal.

"Cj, please come with me. We need to get you a calming draught and some sleep." She said softly, then helping me up.

"I can't sleep. I haven't slept since that night with- with Voldemort." I cried.

"Oh, sweetie.  Come on, let's get you to the hospital wing." She soothed, carrying me off to the hospital wing.

****

I was in the hospital wing. They had given me a draught and I was in bed. Remus had run in after the girls told him what happen. He sat at my bedside eyes resting on me as I studied.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me softly.

"A lot better now." I sighed. The weight had been removed from my shoulders. "I was smoking again. I haven't been able to sleep well since that night. All I can see are his red eyes and paper-white skin." I teared up thinking about it. "The way his hand felt like they were burning me as he choked me. I don't think I'll ever not have these marks on my neck. Madame Pomfrey said they were cursed, like a werewolf scar they don't just go away, they are permanent. The draught is helping, though. It takes my mind off of that is is helping me focus." I said returning to my book.

"Cj. Talk to me. We need to talk about our lives." Remus said seriously. "We are obviously joining this war. I don't know what we will be doing but we need to plan our future."

"Can't we talk about this later?" I asked sweetly. "I really would love to talk about us, but you know me. I need to study."

"Okay. But can we talk after testing?" He asked me.

"Of course love." I said, giving him a small smile.

He got up and sat next to me in the bed and began to point out which constellations were which.

*****
Bri's POV

"So you just need to put more emotion in it?" I asked Peter, who was helping me with a patronus charm.

Peter and I were studying together. The test was stressing both of us out.

"Peter have you ever had feelings for boys?" I asked suddenly.

Peter was taken aback by this abrupt question. "What do you mean? Like I really love the guys, their my family. But I have a feeling you mean gay. In that case, no. I mean I've tried to see if I could, but no."

"Peter, I think I like girls." I said.

"Well that's not different. Many witches and wizards are in same sex couples, you know that. Many are also bisexual." He pointed out.

"Peter I'm in love with you, but only romantically. I love you enough that I would make love to you, but I'm not sexually attracted to you." I said with my eyes closed, worried there would be a backlash. "Peter I love girls, and you."