Chapter 23

Bri's POV

The apartment was coming together. Peter had disappeared yesterday and didn't come home until 1 in the morning, and he seemed shaken up, but deep inside I wasn't that concerned. It bothered me.

Peter had gotten hurt and I performed basic healing charms on him, then gave him a soft kiss, but Peter wanted more.

"I'm not ready." I said pushing his one hand off my waist, but his other one crawling up my stomach. "Peter." I said sternly, grabbing his wrist and looking at him.

"I don't want to offend you but all of our friends are engaged now and here we are and the farthest we've gotten is second base." Peter said seriously.

"Peter, you can't tell me where you got hurt, I can't give you my virginity, you aren't truthful with me, and I know you aren't. Please don't do this here. I love you to bits and pieces but I'm not ready." I looked in his eyes, searching for forgiveness.

"It's okay, I guess second base is good for now." Peter smirked.

"Weirdo." I laughed before finding myself being held in his arms, he wasn't a bad man, I loved him truly. But I have feelings deep down inside feelings that I can't deny, feelings I hadn't told anyone about.

I was gay, I had hid the feelings for so long, and even dated Peter, but by Christmas I knew that I was gay. I stilled loved Peter, I had feelings that were undeniable for him, but he was the only boy I had ever had feelings for. As Peter hugged me from Bhubaneswar and nuzzles my neck I closed my eyes and wondered how I would tell him, how I would tell him this die at me I don't love him but it means I am not really that sexually interested in him. I would have sex with him because I love him and I would be doing it for him, but at the same time I couldn't imagine myself ever "being ready". I was ready to have sex, just not with a man.

I moved out of his arms, and went to my side of the bed that we had put in our room, I grabbed my makeup bag and did my lips and mascara, I wasn't big into makeup for day to day but still loved doing makeup.

Got dressed in a plain grey loose t-shirt and a pair of dark jeans. I looked at my hair, it was short and bobbed but still in the way. I went to the bathroom and grabbed my wand.

"Bye-bye hair." I whispered, before making my hair extremely short with floppy bangs.

I rinsed my hair in the sink to get out the extra little hairs that I did get out, then walked out of the bathroom.

"OH MY MERLIN!" Lily squealed.

"Shh keep it down, not everyone is awake." I hushed Lily.

"Who isn't awake?" Lily asked.

"Sirius, Rae, and Cj." Said James to Lily.

"Cj and Rae won't be up for at least another hour. Do you guys want to go out and buy some coffee down at Madame Peddyfoot?" I asked James Lily, Remus, and Peter who were all out in the living room.

"I'm in." Remus said closing his book.

Everyone else agrees, Peter staying to the back of the pack, not coming forward much.

"What were you reading?" I asked Remus once we were on foot towards the cafe.

"It actually the journal of another werewolf who went into hiding, I'm just trying to figure somethings out about werewolf because I'm trying to plan a future and my furry little problem gets in the way sometimes. Kind of often, it seems, actually." Remus said slightly frustrated.

"Cj is understanding though." I brought up.

"You have to keep a secret, but I'm trying to figure out if we can have kids. I don't want to have a child if it will be born like I me. I can't infect an innocent baby," Remus said quietly.

"Does the journal have anything?" I asked him.

"No, not yet." He sighed, running a hand through his short messy hair.

We all went into the cafe and got coffee. Lily and James began talking about places where they could get a house. Peter had his arm wrapped around me, but it felt just like anyone else's arm.

*******

"We need to all get dresses!" Lily said happily.

"I know a shop, it's where I went to get my pink dress." Cj said. "This girl our age works there, maybe a year older than us, she's really pretty. Her name starts with like an E or something. I'm not sure why I can't remember."

"We should probably wait until Peter and Bri get engaged." Lily pointed out.

"I don't know if that's going to happen." I sighed, leaning on the palm of my hand.

"Trouble in paradise?" Rae asked me, raising her eyebrows.

"Sort of . . . Peter's been acting a bit off, and I feel he's been lying to me. I told him I wasn't ready to go all the way, and he said he was okay with it. But I'm honestly not so sure." I rant.

"I'll beat the sleezbag, if you want." Rae responds.

Bri smiles,"Thanks, but it's not only him that's being sketchy."

"What do you mean?" Cj leans over a bit.

"Well, around Christmas time I made a little self discovery that isn't exactly . . . Well . . ." Bri trails off.

The other girls take quick glances at each other, before speaking in unison,"You're gay, aren't you?"

Bri's eyes widen.

"Shush! Don't let the boys hear you!" She replies. "But . . . Yes."

"You chumps owe me 2 Galleons each. Pay up," Rae smirks, holding out her hand as Lily and Cj give her galleons.

"You bet on if I was gay or not?!" Bri exclaims, her mouth dropping open.

"Of course we did! Lily and Cj here thought you were too invested in Peter, but I knew better. You hadn't gone to third base and haven't gotten engaged like the rest of us, and those were both tells. Now I'm four galleons richer!" Rae snorts.

"Shut it," Lily and Cj sneer.

"What are you going to tell Peter?" Lily asks.

"I'm not sure." Bri mutters.

"We'll always be there to support you, remember that," Cj says and the other girls nod.

"I know."