Chapter Nine

*Vic's POV*
I heard Kellin go downstairs and greet his mom. It sounded like they went into the kitchen so I decided to take a look around his room. His desk was full of art supplies, pencils, paper, crayons, paint, you name it. I came across a sketch pad laying underneath a whole bunch of art books and I decided to take a look. I flipped through the pages, he had drawn flowers, objects in his room, random body parts, and at last I came across of what was a sketch of me.

I'm assuming that was when he decided to paint me, so I put the book away back where it was and laid back on his queen sized bed. I could tell his mother spoiled him, he had everything he would wish for; boxes of toms and Vans of every color he wanted were neatly stacked in his closet and he had clothes to last him a lifetime. I forgot to ask him where was his mother's room, she could come upstairs any moment.

I heard someone coming upstairs and I quickly ran into the closet, quietly closing the door and listened closely.

"Vic?" Kellin whispered as he shut the door behind him.

"I almost had a heartattack," I said as I came out of the closet.

"Sorry about that, I told my mom I'll give her some privacy to start packing her things and stuff so that's why I came upstairs. She's super happy about traveling to Spain."

"I feel like you don't want her to leave, is there something wrong?"

He sighed, "She can be gullible at times, she's too innocent for this world. I'm always used to guarding her, you know?"

I sat down on the bed and patted the space next to me so that he could sit. He sat down, I wrapped my arm around his waist as he laid his head on my shoulder.

"She's going to be okay, Kells. Let her experience the world out there. You won't be able to be with her all the time."

"I know, I just- I don't know, I'm afraid she'll hook up with that George guy."

"You mean Gerard?"

"Same shit."

Just then we heard her coming upstairs.

"Shit, hide under the bed!" He whisper yelled as his mom knocked on the door.

I quickly scurried under the bed when I felt something cut my arm and I groaned in pain. I could see him walk towards the door and open it, this was the first time I saw his mom in person. She was pretty, she had blonde hair and the same color eyes as Kellin.

"Honey, can you come with me to the attic to find my-" she raises her hands and makes quotation marks-"summer clothes?" She lightly laughed.

"Sure mom, I'll be up there in a sec."

She closed the door and I saw Kellin peek under the bed, "The coast is clear."

I slowly crawled out since I had a stinging pain on my arm.

He saw me covering my arm and blood flowing out , he gasped, "What happened to you now?"

"Something under your bed cut me when you rushed me to go hide under it," I mumbled.

He went into the bathroom and brought back a first aid kit. Damn, he was ready for almost anything.

"Here, let me clean it," he started taking out the rubbing alcohol and cotton balls.

"No, no. Your mom is waiting for you in the attic and she'll suspect something if you don't go up soon."

He groaned, "Fine, that wound better be cleaned by the time I get back before I go full nurse on you." I chuckled as he walked out, leaving me to clean myself up again.

*Kellin's POV*
Having someone in my house without my mom knowing is one of the most thrilling things I've done besides that one time I got shítfaced drunk with my ex-bestfriend, Justin.

I climbed up the ladder into the attic and saw my mom holding a flashlight, looking through boxes.

"I thought you forgot me up here," she joked as she handed me another flashlight.

"Nah, I was just... busy..." I trailed off.

She gave me this motherly- analyzing look, "Is there something bothering you? You know you can talk to me."

I helped her reach a box that was on a top shelf, she started to look through it.

"How do you know when you're in love?" I blurted out.

She looked taken aback by my question but proceeded to answer, "Well, uh, you see... I-It depends on each person. It's like, you'd do anything for them just to see them smile. You'd take a bullet for them, you'd let them have that last slice of pizza even though you know you wanted it."

I giggled at the last part, "So love is giving up the last slice of pizza to your significant other."

She lightly smacked my shoulder, "Oh, you know what I meant, silly. But you'll know when it happens, it's something that can't really be put into words. Why did you ask? Is my Kellybear in looooveeee?" She nudged me.

I thanked this attic for not having a working light because I was probably as red as a tomato. Was I in love with my creation? I mean, I designed him perfectly for me, I loved him before he was even put on the canvas. I know it's only been less than two days but I already felt so attached to him. He added the color I needed in my life.

"Don't be silly, mom. Can't I just ask a question?" I said nervously.

We continued looking through the boxes when I came across a somewhat small, peculiar treasure chest. I looked back at my mom who was still looking through another pile of boxes. I tried looking to see if I could open it but it was locked.

"I found it!" She yelled out.

I jumped so hard I dropped the flashlight, "Jesus, ma! You scared the crap out of me!"

"Sorry, sweetie. Let's go get ourselves cleaned up from all this dust and let's order some pizza. What do you say?"

I smiled at her and nodded. I took one last glance and the treasure box as I went down the ladder and closed the attic door.

.
.
.
.
.
.
*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*
I feel so bad for not updating sooner. I haven't been motivated to do anything lately, it's like the depression is slowly creeping it's way back. Anyway, sorry if it was short or boring or whatnot, I'm really trying ;-; Please comment or read my other Kellic fanfic called, "You Look So Pretty When You Can't Find Your Grave." Thanks!