CHAPTER TWENTY SIX (THE END)

THE WILLIES' HOOK

COPYRIGHT 2016 © JOESLINE

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

"How is it possible?" My face cupped the his face, still can't believe the feel of his warmth. 

Then a voice called up of me. "Ms. Willies? Ms Willies"

I blinked as I frowned to where the voice was calling me. It was Alice with another few ladies standing outside the room. My eyes turned back to where Jack was but he was nowhere in sight. I froze as I stared in panic at Jack whom was seating right beside me. 

"Jack?" I whispered under my breath, still unable to figure what had just happened. 

"Ms Willies?" Alice called out again, "Are you okay? You looked pale" 

I shook my head as I smiled back at her to reassure that I was fine. But I am not. I breathed in deeply, trying to gather myself again from the panic. It seemed like there is a possibility of me having illusions about Jack. 

"Let's start the discussion." I signaled for them to come in as we return back to the discussion on the Finance team structure. 

-

It's almost close to noon and I just finished collecting all the data that I needed. I flipped through the notes that I taken. The structure was messy as hell. There was no standard operating procedure. The staffs were inclined to do their work manually instead of adopting the automation setting available. I scratched my head, cracking brain cells to find out a possible solution to it.

A voice whispered in my ears, "Relax. You need to calm down"

I shook my heads as I shut my eyes, "Not you again." The voice was Jack's. I am having illusions again. 

And then the voice was gone. I was all alone in the space, feeling lost and empty inside. My hand searched for the mobile as I dialed a phone number. 

"Hello, this is Mind Clinic. How can I help you?"

"I need a urgent consultation with your Doctor Rene" I breathed in deeply. 

"Please wait for a moment" The lady paused for a moment, "Doctor Rene would be available next Wednesday at two in the afternoon"

I gulped down my saliva as I continued, "Make it two today" 

"I'm sorry Madam, it's not possible for Doctor Rene to take such urgent request" 

I let out a sigh, "Then you will make it urgent for Cameron Willies"

She paused a moment before continuing, "I am sorry, Madam" 

Breathed in deeply, I continued. "Transfer to Doctor Rene, mentioned it's Cam. She will know" 

She acknowledged my request and I was on hold for a few seconds before Doctor Rene answered on the other side of the phone. 

"Ms. Willies, I apologized for my staff of not knowing the Willies" She then politely continued to inquire of my urgent request.

"I  need a review of my mental health" 

"Sure thing. What time of your convenience?"

I looked down at the watch, "Two"

"Okay I will block the time slot" 

--

"What's the first time you had the illusion?" Doctor Rene settled me on the reclining chair as I lay down in comfort.