CHAPTER FOUR

THE WILLIES' HOOK

COPYRIGHT 2014 © JOESLINE

CHAPTER FOUR

A big map spreads  across the wooden table. We stood around it by the harbor as we planned the route back to the city. Destination: my mansion. We all agreed to head down to my home for collecting clues of the Willies' family heirloom whereabouts.  

"If we are returning by the same harbor, probably the police will be there" Orion shook her head at the reversal journey to go back to the city.

I pointed the port at the east side of the map that was located about fifty miles from the city. "I have a Ferrari parked there. We can reach my house in no time."

"This will attract attention" Jack folded his arms, "nobody can't notice a Ferrari on the road"

Orion pouted her lips, "You're right. Probably not a wise decision to take a Ferrari but the port is good. My father knew people there; I could use some connection to arrive and leave the port un-noticed."

Jack looked at the ship, "But... this yacht is also an attention-seeker"

Orion looked at Jack as they smiled at each other, "We will get off halfway and swim to the port"

I widened at their crazy idea, "We... what? Swim?"

My eyes screened through the wide open sea. The stormy tides and the bottomless pit with dangerous sea creatures sent chill down my spine, "Are you out of your mind, how can we swim in there?"

Orion looked at me in confusion, "Why, what's wrong?"

I uttered my words with reluctance, "I... I can't swim"

Jack chuckled as he patted on my head, "Silly girl, Nervada are born natural swimmers."

--

If you say jumping into a swimming pool as your first training lesson, I would say that its not a big deal. My eyes narrowed at the feet that were just few inches away from the sea. I shivered in terror as my hands held each other on my chest tightly. I shook my head, I can't do it.

Orion had leaped into the ocean like an excited maniac. She had a backstroke and started swimming in circles. Her eyes closed, Orion was smiling as she moved herself around the dangerous tide.  She seemed like she was enjoying the ocean. It was like so easy for her to do that.

Her giggles choked me as she pointed at Jack, "Cam, and hurry up. Jack's already going for the real marathon"

I gulped down my saliva, feeling giddy. It's about two kilometers to the shore. It is a marathon, and a very difficult swimming marathon. "Oh God, what have I got myself into?"

"HURRY UP" The captain of the yacht suddenly shouted from behind. I stuttered and turned around to look at him but before I knew; his hands had pushed me out of the yacht. Eyes widened in despair as I screeched. My hands struggled in the ocean of danger. Legs were kicking vigorously in sight under the sea water. Head rose up above the sea level as I tried to screamed at the top of my voice, "HELP.... HELP....!"

But I was pushed over and over again by the strong tides. I could hardly gasp for air and was choking on the water continuously.

Then a hand grabbed one of my struggling hands. I turned towards where the grip and saw Orion looking at me in amusement. "Are you done with the warm up?"

Breathing deeply, I tried to regain back my calmness. Orion wasn't convinced that I don't swim.

"Just stay still" Orion instructed.