CHAPTER SIX

THE WILLIES' HOOK

COPYRIGHT 2014 © JOESLINE

CHAPTER SIX

We settled on the small round table as we started having our dinner in the motel room. I played social etiquette at the ever casual and simple food packet. Jack was taking his dinner seriously as well. His eyes never left the food.

Orion watched us in bewilderment, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong." Surprisingly, Jack and I spoke at the same time with the same answer.

Orion put down her plastic fork. She chewed finished the remaining fries in her mouth before her start of the interrogation, "This is annoying, speak the both of you."

I threw a glare at Jack before I turned back to my food.

"Are we having an internal war here?" Orion gestured the both of us in confusion, "because it doesn't seem appropriate for our journey in saving Nervadas."

"Fine" I put down my fork as well, "He is not open about himself."

Orion directed at Jack for an explanation.

"You do know I'm Jack and the arranged marriage with Glibert!" Jack protested for his innocence.

Orion widened her eyes, "You already told her?"

"You knew about it." I folded my arms, shooting angry glares at Orion. I thought they were my closest friends and it seemed like I was the only one whom didn't know a lot of things.

"Okay, relax Cam. We'll talk." Orion gave an apologetic look before she turned to Jack, "She is interested of your story, tell her"

"I'm not!" My face reddened in embarrassment.

Orion grinned at my reaction, "You are having a hot crush on Jack. Don't deny that."

"Hey, hey.... don't go so personal. "Jack looked at Orion as He stopped her from teasing me.

Orion wasn't wrong about it. I was holding a crush towards Jack but He was going to get married to Gilbert, and it's better to leave the feelings as it is.

"Then faster split it out, your story had always been very interesting to listen to." Orion smiled in amusement.

Jack shook his head as He let out a long sigh, "My full name is Jackson Ingle Nerva."

I stunned at the family name - Ingle Nerva is a very rich and powerful family in the Europe. They are very closely connected politically. Their oil business monopolizes the whole industry in the entire world. Every oil port in the whole world is owned by them.

"Nerva stands for Nervada. Jackson's family is the original Nervada that descended to Earth. They managed Waterfall closely so it is kind of their permanent home." Orion added the details for explanation.

"So.... you are like the royalty?" I tried to piece up something from what Orion was talking about.

Jack nodded. "Technically, Yes. My ancestor Ingle was the first one to come to Earth." He watched for my expression warily before he continue," The Elfroys were the warlords of Nervada but they seemed to multiply very few in reproducing so Nerva had to make sure their breed don't go into extinction."

Then, Jack gazed out from the window with a face of sadness, "and it's always the origins to take that responsibility so I'm arranged to marry Gilbert."

'So, you are really like a billionaire bachelor....' I whispered the words under my breath.

"What did you just say?"