CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

THE WILLIES' HOOK

COPYRIGHT 2014 © JOESLINE

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

My fingers ran through the rims of the window grilling. Eyes watched the outside. Birds had returned back to the nest by the big tree that stood outside my room. The sun was covered in orange as darkness started to set. I had my plain Dior in blue sleeveless tank top and my pair of Levis jeans ready to get going. Nanny Anne was busy packing up the clothes, skincare products and other stuffs in my Louis Vuitton speedy.

"Ready?" Dad walked into the room after finishing up the paperwork.

I frowned at the emptiness, "Are we returning back to the mansion?"

Dad smiled. "Of course sweetheart, that's your home"

"What about...Felicia? "

Dad froze. He looked elsewhere, avoiding my question.

"Dad?"

He let out a sigh, gestured Anne to give us some privacy. Anne nodded to acknowledgements and exited from the room. Dad led me to seat on the side of the hospital bed. His head lowered, hanging onto the grip of my hands before turning back at me. "Felicia and I... had our differences. You can still hang out with her but she would only be your mom."

I frowned, "so she only is." I shook my head at his hidden meanings, "and not as well"

Dad nodded.

"But she loves you." I breathed in deeply, "-how could you do that?"

"It's complicated. "His lips clenched tightly.

I held back the hands that tried to free off, "I can handle complications, Dad? "

"Cam, I love your mom." Dad wore a grieving expression as he recalled the death of the mom he had arranged for me.

He breathed in deeply, eyes set outside the window. "Felicia and I were arranged to get married. Your mom was devastated when she knew about the arrangement."

Then I caught the side of his eyes dwelling with tears.

Dad gulped down his saliva and continued, "I had to stop her from suicides. And when you were born, your mom was serious about leaving me. She was so afraid that I will return back to Felicia because of you."

My eyes caught the sourness, "so Felicia decided to give me to you and her."

Then a string of silence stood between us. I choked at my tears, disappointed at what the ugly truth was. "She accepted the arrangement while Felicia had to give up her own child for your happiness "

Dad looked away, embarrassed at his own selfishness. Then he argued back, "your mom loves you too. You knew that. "

I bit my lips. Yes, she didn't mistreat me. She took care of me like I was her real daughter. I couldn't deny the fact that even they were selfish; dad and mom had kept me loved.

"But, that was selfish" I stood up. My hands grabbed onto the speedy as I walked towards the door.

Dad frowned at my sudden move, "where are you going? "

"I'm not going back with you."

--

Her eyes were startled. Looking down at the luggage in my hands, she had a scratch behind her head. "I thought... "

I nodded at her claim, "yeah... I was supposed but I changed my mind." Then I bit my lip as I looked at the luggage standing beside me, "so... I was wondering if you could take me in before I decided where I should settle down."

She squeezed a smile, "not a problem, you are welcome to stay as long as you want."

We circled around a fire pit. Felicia had her little home decorated in a farm like design. Most of her furniture were made of pine wood and colored in either white or light brown. The walls were painted in light pink that was close to white with a companion of her handmade white curtains. I ran through the tea cup in my hands, chuckled at the simplicity here. It was totally different from my home.

"What's funny?"

I wandered my eyes at her living room, "it's... comfortable."

Felicia poured another cup of the English breakfast tea. "Yeah, I'm more of a rural person... the cities aren't my cup of tea."

Then I cleared my throat, "Erm... Felicia?"

"Yeah?"

I had shifty eyes. My hand grabbed tightly at the cup of the tea that she had just served me. Gulping down my saliva, I knew this would be difficult to pry open from them. "What happen to Jack?"

And as expected, Felicia froze. She remained in silence. Her movement slowed down. It was like I had caught her by surprise. Then she breathed in deeply and frowned. I hate that, the frowning part because it meant there was no good news for my question.

"Cam" She drew an empathy on her face, "Both of you were never meant to be together in the first place"

I shook my head, "That's not the answer "Eyes straightened, looking at her. "- to my question"

"Okay" Felicia nodded to my request. She stood up, grabbing the keys on the coffee table.

I watched her, frowned at the sudden action of hers. "W-Where... are we going?"

"Where you will have your answers" She gestured the door to me, "C'mon, let's go

--

"Jack?" Felicia echoed into a deep dark cave as we stood outside of it. We have returned to Waterfalls and the memories came flooding back at me. This was the first place that I knew him.

I frowned as I heard a loud, low and scary growling responded to Felicia's calling.

"What happen?" My eyes widened at growling which faded off into silence.

Felicia let out a sigh as she continued to stare back at the cave, "Jack, you know you will have to face her eventually."

Then, a thump slowly came near. I backed off from the unknown but was held back by Felicia. She looked at me, gesturing me not to move away. Her lips clearly emphasized the words - 'Don't move'

And a tall, dark image emerged from the dark. It covered itself in a dark long cape. A pair of red eyes stared at me intensely. It let out a soft, low growl. The sadness that the beast was wearing was infectious. My hand reached forward as I felt a familiarity. It frowned at my sudden intrusion but accepted gradually as those eyes softened upon my touch.

I gasped in terror as I realized whom I was touching. My voice broken as tears caught me, "J-Jack?"

Author's Note:

Let's go awww... Heartbreaking for Cam to see what Jack have become.... Anyway, here's one update for now. Thank you for the support! :) See ya soon.