CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

THE WILLIES' HOOK

COPYRIGHT 2014 © JOESLINE

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Are you ready?" Felicia looked at me.

It had been three days since they found me, unconscious in the cave. My birth mother had been trying to dig inside deep into my memories for the whereabouts of the Hook. As time was running out since LL could have got his answer and left, I was much drained out multiple times in attempts. Every time I would wake up in Jack 's arms and he would always fight with Felicia for my condition.

Eyes watched the mirror. That pale stricken face and a seemingly dark circles underneath my eyes had proven my inability to move on. My fingers collected water in the palm from the running tap, splashed against my face. I panted heavily as shivers caught me. Another round of hypnotize from Felicia had failed to get something out. I wondered, how did LL managed to get it If we tried so many times But still fail anyway.

The place with the board, court still rang frequently in side my mind. Somehow, it brought familiarity. It's like I been there But I couldn't recollect how and where it was.

A voice awakened me as I heard the bickering behind doors.

"No, you don't understand" Felicia raised her voice, "it's important to open that door to the whereabouts of that Hook. Without it, we are vulnerable to LL 's threats."

Jack responded, "She is your daughter! How can you be that cruel? Can't you see that she is over abused by the constantly digging inside her memories?"

Felicia let out a sigh, "Do you think I liked to do that? Millions of lives are at stake and she is the key to everything. "

I opened the door, "I'm... sorry."

Their eyes set at me. The pain in them for me to go through again had showered me much strength. Clenched fist as I looked at them, "Let's do it again."

Jack shook his head. He walked over, with his hand running down my cheek. His ever dazzling eyes cradled a pinch of warmth as he cooed, "I can't let you do it. "

My merely effort of a smile tried to assure him as I held his hand with mine, "I will be fine."

Then, I turned around to Felicia. "I'm ready."

I breathed in deeply as Felicia held my head with her hands. Her eyes worn despair and pain as she frowned at her actions. "This time, dig deeper. Let's get this over , once and for all."

She hesitated, "Are you sure?"

I nodded, "Yes."

Then the familiar momentum pulled me into a deep swirl of darkness. I panted heavily as I stared at the surrounding. It was total darkness and silence. I held my hand to the chest. My feet wandered a few steps, finding direction in this unknown space. There was nothing. I breathed in deeply, seeking for a clue in my search.

Then a door stood in front. My hand cautiously moved over to grab a knob. Then a sizzling pain sent through my nerves as I held it. Eyes frowned as I fell on my knees. My voice wailed at the immerse pain that was unbearable. I bit my lips, gazing back at the knob as I tried to hold it again to open the door. The sizzling pain continued. Cold sweats overwhelmed me while I struggled to open it. The door seemed to weight a ton. I used my other hand to push it open. Screaming at my pitch of my voice, I fought hard with my resistance. Then the door was pushed open, my eyes set at the image in front.

It was a younger me whom set at a garden filled with flowers. Grandpa was seating besides with his usual cup of tea. He smiled at me. Then, I noticed a sparkling pendant hanging on my neck. It was shaped like a hook. I frowned, "this is the Hook? " That little me giggled with the pool of toys as I held the hook in little hand.

"Grandpa." Little me looked at him, "hook hook. "

Grandpa walked over as he squatted in front, "Cam, one day you will understand everything that your parents had done for you." He pointed at the hook and smiled.

I widened my eyes again. Jack and Felicia stared at me. I blinked profusely, "Did dad and you had done something for me? "

Felicia frowned at my words as she tried to recollect, "Erm... I'm not sure what you meant. "

"Because the Hook is somewhat related to what you two had done for me."

Then she gasped,"I think... I know where is it"

--

We walked along the streets hurriedly. Jack held me in his arms as we followed the pace of Felicia's.

"Hey!" Jack wailed at Felicia.

Felicia turned around, "What?"

Jack looked at me again before he paused, "Can't you see that Cam is not in a condition to hurry?"

I shook my head, "I am okay."

Jack frowned at me, "No, you are not"

Felicia breathed in deeply as she looked at me in her apologetic eyes, "I am sorry... I had forgotten how to be a Mother after so many years staying apart from you." Then she looked at the cafe nearby and gestured the crowd to take a break there, "Let's get some coffee for tea-time break"

I chuckled, "That'll be great. I need my favorite green tea hot latte"

Orion hopped in, "And my favorite mochacino!"

The small cafe had occupied us outside just by the road. We had two small round tables combined to seat all of us in. Dave and Orion were seating together. That scene of them together just seemed compatible to look at as a couple. I chuckled under my breath, thinking about matchmaking them. Felicia and Jack had returned back from a tray of hot drinks.

"Here, your green tea hot latte" Felicia placed the cup in front of me.

I watched the tray and saw another duplicate, "Who is having that as well?"

Felicia smiled, "Me."

Orion giggled, "Like mother, like daughter"

I nodded. "I guess that's why it became my favorite" Then I held it by my lips to sip a taste of it. Eyes shut to enjoy the aroma of green tea. The smell was soothing as I relaxed to savor the taste.

"Can I ask... what was it that Dad and you had done for me which was related to the Hook?" My eyes filled with curiosity at the recurring flashback - what my parents had done for me.

Orion nodded at my question, "Yeah, what is it? Why is it so powerful that could have threaten us all?"

Felicia breathed in deeply. She frowned as she shot us with her apologetic eyes, filled with guilt...

Author's Note:

Hey guys, thanks for the reading, really appreciated it. Been quite a busy and hectic week that the emotions were so overwhelming and I guess it's quite a good thing for novel writing, right? So, here's another update where things are unfolding on itself slowly where you see lights behind the darkness of what Cam didn't know about. Lastly, please vote for me or leave me a comment. And my apologies for the spelling, grammar error. Thanks for everything & Chaos, see ya again~