CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

THE WILLIES' HOOK

COPYRIGHT 2014 © JOESLINE

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

"What happened?" I frowned at the reconcile part that took back all my tears. I gulped down, "It's got to do with me, right?"

Felicia took a sat beside. We sat away from the cave. Our eyes watched the waterfall from the harbor. The ship would arrive in another hour's time and we had to leave here. Nervadas from the outside are not allowed to stay over without the permission from the highest authority.

I shivered under the cold wind that gushed at me, sending a tingling sensation of intensity and pain to see Jack in this state.

"You were beyond cure when you fell" Felicia cleared her throat.

"And..." She bit her lips at her sentence, "Jack blamed himself for that."

I turned to her as I listened attentively while the tears slide down from the side of my eyes. "Then, how did I?"

"We tried like many doctors, witches and all kind of spells that we could find and it just doesn't work" Felicia frowned as she looked at me with so much pain.

I shook my head, "I don't get you"

Felicia looked back at the dark cave, "You were announced, dead"

I gasped at the breaking news, "I was... dead?"  

Felicia nodded, "Yeah" She breathed in deeply, letting out a sigh as she continued, "But Jack got you back"

Her eyes watched me, "With a price to pay"

And I was briefed through the whole story that I regretted of being every part of it.

Right after I had fallen, when they found me, I was literally in broken pieces. All the internal organs were damaged, bones broken and beyond cure. The mortal doctors didn't have any more ways to heal me back even if they were to put me in hundreds of operations. Felicia and Dad went to the Waterfalls for help. They said that the Hook was the most powerful tools that Nervadas ever had but it doesn't have the magic to resurrect a dead person.

But I recovered, eventually over a price that Jack paid to see me back alive again.

"Are you alright?" Orion waved me from my daydreams.

I shook my head as I continued to stir the green tea latte that I was having. Then, I smirked at my pathetic actions – drinking high tea with my friend while the love of life suffered eternally to give me back a life again.

"I know that you feel bad" Orion let out a sigh, "But there's nothing you can do about it"

Then, I recalled about the Hook that we all were chasing after. My eyes lit up with hope as I looked up, "What about the Hook? Can it do something for Jack?"

Orion gazed out to the streets, "Your grandpa and Felicia is looking into this. They believed that it have the power to harness a greater spell or something"

I whispered, "And there is nothing I can do for him"

Orion held my hands as she looked at me with a smile and tears dwelling at the edge of her eyes, "Before it happened, Cuz told me to take care of you when you wake up. This is what he wanted for you, you being alive and safe"

I shivered. The tension in my heart breaks me further. Frowned in desperation, I bit my lips as I felt the emptiness that stood clearly in my heart. Without him, things were meaningless.

"Can you bring me back to the Waterfalls?"

"You want to see him... again?" Orion widened her eyes at my request.

I nodded without any hesitation.

--

The anchor plunged down. Ship hit the harbor as I hopped down, grabbing by the rails. I am back again with the help of Orion's ship. Hers was the only transport that was available. Thankfully, she allowed me to come back for Jack again.

My steps brought to the hut where I remembered the bag that Jack threw. I leaned on the side of the door, smiled at the thoughtfulness that he had back then – once was a stranger place that lit up a bit of warmth for me because of Jack.

"Are you okay?"

I shook my head as I looked at her, "I just... felt that maybe the first day I knew him was because of this day to realize that he matters so much to me"

Orion nodded. She patted my back, giving me an encouragement. "Let's go and find Cuz"

We stood at the entrance of the dark cave, staring into the total darkness. The muddy and slippery path had brought me to where my heart was. I stood at the entrance; my hands touched it but were stopped from going further. A magic shield had stood between us; the invisible distance that shattered my heart.

My fingers trailed along the invisible shield as I echoed, "Jack?"

Still, there was just silence. There wasn't any growling heard.

I bit my lips, gulping down my saliva as I called again, "Jack, I know you can hear me."

I shook my head, "Please.... Please come out and see me"

The dead silence stood perfectly with the darkness of the dark cave. Every second ticked away while I stared blankly at the total darkness as if there was no one inside.

"Please..." I whispered, again. My broken voice shattered at his no response. A hand landed on my shoulder as I turned back to Orion. 

"He won't come out" Orion defined my aimless waiting outside the cave. "You should go already, it's getting late."

My eyes turned back to the cave. An unseeingly bond tied me to the cave where I felt myself unable to leave and walk away from. Every emotion that I was carrying just wanted to stay back and be close to him. 

My hand grabbed tightly. Clenched jaws as I hurriedly wiped off the tear stain. I will need the strength to go on and fight for what was meant to be. Even he had pushed me away, I will not give up on what it matters. Jack and I were meant for each other and fate shouldn't be the reason that crumbles us.

Standing firmly, I stared back at the darkness. "Jack? I know you can hear me.... I will come back, again."