CHAPTER THIRTEEN

THE WILLIES' HOOK

COPYRIGHT 2014 © JOESLINE

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Peeping out, my eyes watched the surrounding before I walked out of the bathroom. The long hair was still wet. It swiped across the shoulder while I patted it dry with the white fluffy towel.

Jack had left the room. He said he had a surprise for me tonight.

I chuckled at the romantic man's gesture. Jack just somehow could make me dwell on thinking about him everywhere and anywhere. This man wore his caring actions on the sleeve while he never stopped supporting me on this journey. The hands reached to the silky texture of the bed. Spacious and enough for just the two of us, I blushed at my own lustful thoughts.

Then something caught my attention. My eyes stared at the card that lay on the bedroom side table. It was beautifully carved in sparkling gold paint color. The card was classic and somewhat expensive. Hands opened up the card in curiosity. But the moment that I read the contents, I frowned in terror. My lips bit in tension as I resisted breaking down.

Hands crumpled the card in the weak grip. I let tears empowered my senses. Shivering took over. I held my knee cap, allowing the pain fell hard. Eyes shut, frowned at the sizzling sensation of pain.

--

I stared at Jack. Our eyes exchanged glances. My hands shivered. Gulping down my saliva, I found myself dumbfounded. For the first time, Jack was in a formal suit. His black tuxedo portrayed defined masculine charisma. The define jawline sets just above the collar of his tuxedo. His brownish hair was combed behind neatly. He wore an oldies sentimental hairdo. Jack pulled his sleeve up to the wrist, revealing the dazzling hand cuffs that were embedded in diamonds.

He walked over in that pair of polished leather pointed shoes. His steady steps were consistent. I felt the adrenaline gushed at me while his presence closed up. I held my hands tightly to the chest, feeling the heart beat that skipped a beat. Butterflies in my stomach, cheeks embraced a warm temperature I froze at that moment of his existence.

"You're blushing." Jack's finger trailed along from the side of my eyes down to my chin where I hungrily craved for the touch on his lips that spoke.

Jack breathed in deeply as he hesitated. His eyes watched my lips intensively. A chemistry sparked between us like a thin line, fragile but unseeingly connected. My hand couldn't resist cradling his cheek. Eyes fluttered with droplet of pearl-like tears as my lips rose gently at the sides, "I am falling... for you"

Jack pecked on my cheek before he kissed the tears away. He frowned while a smile gave him away. Then he held me closer by my waist, smothering me deeply while we swam in the depth of passion. Hands circled around his neck while I didn't move away from his lips. Every inch of movement hungers me. His masculine breathing sang along the same rhythm of mine. I closed my eyes, welcoming the darkness as my lip touched his lips repeatedly. Tongues entwined as our body synchronized to the music background that was played behind.

The classic piano music embraced us in this hall that was covered in beige color marble floor. My heels fell behind one step as Jack moved forward. We swayed gently along the music. Our lips didn't stop getting busy. My hands resisted the hunger that grew. I couldn't help to held him a little bit more longer even he didn't belong to me. Even he was going to marry someone else. My heart beat strongly to gather courage to keep him with me a bit more.

It was beyond words to let him go after tonight.

"Jack" I breathed in deeply as my tears slide down from the edge of my eyes. I shivered at the tension that was building up on me. Eyes turned up to him, "I..."

Jack smiled. His tendering emotions held my heart closer. Even if I wanted to, I just couldn't. I bit my lips as I pushed him away. His eyes startled at my sudden action. Jack froze as he watched me carefully. I shook my head as my tears didn't stop flowing down. I frowned at the moment that had almost given me away. Hand covered my mouth as my sobering could be heard.

He stretched his hand out to grab me back but I pushed him away, again.

"Cam, what's wrong?"

I shook my head. The pain was just digging me even deeper. "I...."

Then, I turned around and fled off from the hall. I ran away from the man that I wanted to hold on forever; escaping from the place that my heart didn't want to leave.

--

Tears slide off. Eyes reddened with the crumpled card in my grip. My leg brushed past the sea water. The dress was drenched, soaked in the cold freezing sea water. I took another step further, digging my legs into the sands beneath. Sobbing echoed with the sea tides. Then someone ran towards me, he turned me around. I watched those tendering emotions that filled with empathy.

"Just... what happen?" Dave whispered under his breath.

The grip loosens out as I held the card to him. He picked it up, revealing the content:-

Dear Jack,

I love you.

Yours, Gil

"That... doesn't mean anything" He frowned.

"Doesn't mean anything?" I widened my eyes at his sentence, "It meant everything! Gilbert, his fiancee is in love with him!"

Dave shook his head, "Cam, It doesn't mean anything. You have to trust him."

I breathed in deeply, choked at my own tears. "Trust him?" I chuckled at myself. If pain could fly, it would soar across the horizon and spread out wide, leaving me no space to breathe. That's how suffocating it was - to be stuck in a triangle relationship.

"CAM!" Then a voice wailed behind us. Orion ran towards me. She leaped into, hugged me tightly as she cried. "Cam... a letter came to your doorstep." She stuffed a letter on my hands. Without hesitation, I opened it to read -

Cam,

Bring me the Hook.

- LL

Orion raised her question in confusion, "whose LL?"

Author's Note:

Hi Guys! I'm back with another chapter and a speech. *cough* I had been 'stuck' in between the infatuation of Jack and Cam that I thought, okay there should be more... So, I developed the story line that we realized that the arranged marriage between Jack and Gilbert wasn't that simple. And aside from this infatuation and struggles that Jack and Cam are holding on, the journey to find out the murderer behind her grandpa still had to continue.

That's all for now and I hope you like it. I hope you will continue to support me as I walk on this journey. Thank you guys for the reading. I highly appreciated it. Not to forget if you really love my story, do vote for my story or you can leave me a comment.

Chaos~!