CHAPTER THREE

THE WILLIES' HOOK

COPYRIGHT 2014 © JOESLINE

CHAPTER THREE

Inside the cave of the Waterfall embraced a slighter warm temperature in compared with the outside. There were three long armchairs placed in the center. There was a tea-top with a few cups that was placed. A few young men stood at each corner of the place. There, among the armchairs, sat a woman in a long white robe with a long black straight hair. She smiled gracefully with a powerful momentum that contrasted her from the others. "Welcome, Cameron Willies" 

Her steps were light and graceful like the dancing ballerinas whom I had watched in one of my favorite musical shows back in the town. She walked towards me as her snow white hand held my hand. "I had heard so much about you from your grandfather. I'm glad that I finally got the chance to meet you" 

"Thank you for the invites. You must be... Gilbert?" I spoke politely as I felt the momentum of her authority in this island.

She nodded as her smile still beautifully portrayed on the angelic face.  

"Do you.... happen to know who could have killed my grandfather?"  I raised a question, hoping the woman could provide me some clues. 

The woman shook her head as her face wept an expression of sorrow. "I'm sorry, Cameron."

Gilbert held my hands. A ruby ring was seen wearing on her thumb. It was gigantic, at least a thirty carats. I wonder if Nervadas were all wealthy.

"I tried to read into your grandfather's death but found nothing. It was just very fainting images but I could catch some clues - the Nervada that was behind all of this wasn't an ordinary one. He or She could have done something evil. I suspected that your grandfather could probably have found out and got killed in the way." 

"Gilbert is the only existing warlord of Nervada whom can see the future." Jack walked to us, "And most likely someone was trying to hide it away from her with magic." 

"Yes, so please be careful when you go on this journey to find out the person." Gilbert scribbled a few words on a paper as she put it in my palm.

"Gilbert, I can't... I don't know magic and I am not sure if I have the abilities to go against someone that powerful" I shook my head, trembled in fear at the unknown. If Gilbert can't read the future because this mastermind deliberately hid it, then the chances of me finding this person and nailing him or her down is not optimistic.

"Cameron, you are the only one whom can save us all" 

I looked down on the paper. Frowned in confusion at the words, I gazed up to find Gilbert for the strings of questions that were swimming inside my mind. However, Gilbert had already vanished into thin air. "Where did she go?" 

--

I stepped into an empty hut that placed a single bed frame made of pure wood. I looked around my surrounding as I noticed the wardrobe at the corner. My hands held open the wardrobe door and was welcomed with white dresses in one stretch. Frowned at the dullness of clothes, I let out a sigh at my situation. In my past twenty years, I only wore expensive clothes ranged from extravagant colors with very unique designs. They were all designed by very famous fashion designers throughout the world. What was ironic being a billionaire heiress, I had to be accused as her prime suspect in killing my grandfather and was forced to hide and lived in a secluded place.

"I see that you are having problem with the dresses" Jack suddenly popped in from nowhere.

I turned around; heart skipped a beat at his sudden presence.  "I was...." My speechless response had found my embarrassment on the awkwardness towards the dresses' issue. I felt like a spoilt brat in front of Jack and any explanation would only sounded as excuses.  All I wanted was to put up a good image in front of Jack but it seemed that my wealthy background had just backfired all of it.

Jack took a big paper bag of clothes and handed it to me, "This was taken from your wardrobe" 

I took over the bag as I found my favorite baby blue Chanel long dress. I let out a screech, "2013 winter collection!"

The excitement was beyond description as I smiled at the comfy feeling that warmed her heart. In fact, the familiarity from my clothes did give me some consoling effect from the new place. I looked up, feeling embarrassed at my own reaction that I had totally lost my image in front of Jack "Sorry about this and...Thank you for all of this"

 "I know it's hard for you to..." Jack looked down on the floor. "- accept the death of your grandfather and come all alone to a stranger place"

I breathed in deeply, feigning a smile on my face. "I'm okay." 

Jack shook his head, "Don't be if you can't." He turned around as he closed the door behind him. 

I watched the emptiness in the hut, the silence that could hear the clarity of my breathing. I watched the bag of clothes again as I whispered the words that Jack had said, 'Don't be if you can't' my hands grabbed the dress as I frowned. I bit my lips while I tore my long dress. Grabbing the broken edges, I held it and tied into a bow. I watched myself in the long mirror, feeling satisfied with the new outlook - a baby blue sleeves shirt and denim jeans that had folded up to three quarter length. I wore back my training shoes while I used the torn off clothes to tie my long brown hair to the back.

At the door, I turned back and looked at the bag of clothes lying on the bed. "Good bye, Chanel. Good bye, Burberry. Good bye, Louis Vuitton" Then, I headed out and closed the door behind me. 

--

"I see you have changed" Orion smiled.

I chuckled as I felt the embarrassment of the comment. "I think Cameron Willies will never be Cameron Willies again" 

Orion held my shoulder, "This is the real you and I'm sure you will be alright." 

Looking down as I felt hopeless. I shivered in fear of the unknown from the uncertainty that if I might fail to succeed. "I knew no magic or had any experience in this... I'm not sure if I can really do it."

"Gilbert told us that your family heirloom is the solution to our questions which include preventing us from extinction." 

Eyes widened in confusion. I had no idea that Willies had a family heirloom, "Willies'... family heirloom?"

Orion nodded.

I shook my head. "I had no idea what or where it is..." 

Then, Jack appeared. "The only way to find out is to go back"

Terror enhanced my expression. I do know the danger of going back with the hunting that had just started - the police are finding her. And those humans with someone from the inside are probably hunting me down as well. 

"I can't go back" I shivered in fear as I rubbed my arms. Night had fallen. Doom clouded the atmosphere. There was no turning back. Everything had changed. 

I had to return.

Returning to a city of glamour where the murderer was still at large, where the Nervadas' fate is in my hands, where I was wanted by the cops.

And, there is another thing.

Willies' Family Heirloom - the solution to all...

But what is it actually? And where could it be right now?