Chapter Two

Lucas

Lucas

I'm not a guy who chases girls. My pride is weak. I know I'd break.

Even though Victoria rejected me in front of the whole school, I won't leave her alone. Her rejection alone is a reason why I shouldn't stop. Maybe you don't see it as a good thing but my mom taught me to fight for what I want.

Tip 3: Show her you are interested in the chase.

And I want Victoria, the new girl. She's perfect for my new title.

"The restraining order will be at your house tomorrow."

"What?" I look at Carter in confusion.

"You've been staring at her for the past five minutes."

I quickly defend myself. "That's a lie." I glare at him and look at my empty locker.

"I calculated six minutes and thirty seconds, now thirty-three seconds, four, five... "

"I get it." I run a hand through my hair. "She's just very... charismatic?" That doesn't sound like the right word.

"Stalking her isn't the way to go."

"Just talk to her." Julian suggests while sitting against the lockers. "She's a very nice person."

"I don't know, man. There are other chicks in the sea, you feel me?" Carter places his hand around my shoulder, his mouth open in laughter.

"I think you mean fish." Julian shakes his head while highlighting something in his textbook.

I shrug off his hand. "I like her or something." I dust off my shoulder. "Even if she called me a "self-centered jerk"." I make finger quotation marks.

Carter places a granola bar in his mouth. "The nerve of these girls, man." He punches Julian in the shoulder.

Julian groans but attends to his wound. "You scheduled a date with her cousin and didn't arrive." Julian looks up at me with a raised eyebrow.

I scratch my neck. "I schedule a lot of dates so you can't expect me to remember them all."

"... That's exactly what she means when she called you a "self-centered jerk"."

"Oh." That sounds about right. "But I think deep down, she has a crush on me. Why else would she grab my chest like that."

Julian glances at me. "To prove the point that you don't intimidate her and that she stands her ground." Julian appears to be stressed.

Carter and I exchange a look. "Naaa." Can't be.

"Our friendship is over." Julian closes his book. "I'm going to ask the math teacher a question about the homework." He places his book inside his backpack and zips it up. "Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone."