Chapter 1

A/N
I just wanted to say all rights go to the amazing Suzanne Collins. She owns most of the characters. Enjoy my book! Make sure to comment any improvements or suggestions - I'll really appreciate it! Vote if you like the chapters!

-----------

I'm walking back to the Victor's Village, when I see him. Peeta. He hasn't spoken to me in weeks since we got back from the Victory Tour. I guess he's still hurt from when he found out that my love to him was an act. I desperately want to talk to him, but I'm not sure what to say. I've never been good with words.

We avoid eye contact and we don't speak to each other. I wake up screaming every night from the same nightmare over and over again. People have said that you can't have the same nightmare twice let alone every night, but I prove them wrong repeatedly. I'm pretty sure everyone in Victor's Village can hear my screams.

Hopefully Peeta and I can sort this out because tomorrow, Snow is announcing the extra special Hunger Games - a Quarter Quell. This is going to be the first year Peeta and I are mentoring and already it's going to have a special twist to it. They do this every 25 years to show the districts that no one can overthrow the Capitol.

As I make my way to my doorstep, bile jumps up in my throat. Since my bedroom is upstairs, I know I'm not going to be able to make it. I rush to the sink and throw up violently. Damn stomach bug! Prim hears me from the top of the stairs and comes running down.
"Katniss? Are you okay?" While she asks me she holds back my braid and rubs my back soothingly. "Maybe I should get mum...?" Prim asks, worried now. Once I wash my mouth out with some water and get rid of the horrible acidic taste I answer back "No it's okay, Prim. It's just a flu. You know how cold it's been getting."

She checks my temperature - which is normal - and walks me upstairs to my room. I kick off my shoes and take off my hunting jacket, asking her to hang it up in my wardrobe. She then comes back and tucks me in bed.
"Get some sleep Katniss. You couldn't have had a decent night's sleep without your awful nightmares, since your return."
" Thanks Prim. I can already see you becoming just like Mum, in her doctoring skills."
"Thanks Kat, sleep well."