CHAPTER 17: "WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?"

ALISHA KHAN - POINT OF VIEW:

It was midnight now and everyone was asleep. I took the important stuff, I thought would be a need. I tiptoed out of my room and downstairs where the room with the window was.

Yes, I found a room with a window and the best part is that it leads to the road and there is no guards here.

I reached the room without getting seen by any guard and looked around to see if there was anyone but to my luck there wasn't anyone.

It seems like god too want me out of this, I thought and walked into the room.

I went towards the window it was dark and, I couldn't see anything. I tried to open the window but it was stuck.

I tried and tried and at last it opened with a loud 'thud' sound.

Oh shit, I am going to get caught, I thought and hid behind the couch.

When there didn't come anyone in like five minutes, I decided to carry on. I got up and put my one leg out and then the other and then pushed my body to get out but to my bad luck my locket fell out of my neck and down on the floor in the house.

No way this was the only rememble thing you had of your parents, Alisha what have you done, you idiot.

But, I can't go back what if someone wakes up you have to go Alisha, you have to, please just go.

I listen to my inner voice and pushed the last part of my body out of the small window and now, I was standing on the road.

I sighed in relief and then began running from there.

I ran and ran till, I felt like, I couldn't anymore. I was gasping for air. When, I felt like I catched up with my breathe, I turned around to see and a smiled appeared on my lips when the sight of the house wasn't there anymore.

I walked and walked on a silent road but soon, I heard a voice and it was coming from behind me.

I didn't dared to look around but, I had to. Alisha what if it's a murder oh damn you are dead.

I turned around and, I found a man in his mid forties coming towards me.

Was he drunk?

I began to walk backwards and soon, I felt like, I was running from him while he was shouting at me.

"Come on sweetheart, I won't do you anything"

"Lady let's enjoy"

" Stop aren't you a good girl"

I was running for my life and the most important from him.

"Baby, please stop it's not a good manner not to listen"

"Baby ple...", I ran until, I couldn't hear him anymore. I hid behind a big three and then turned to look if he was somewhere but he was nowhere to be seen.

I felt a tear escape my eyes. Am, I regretting running away?. No, I am not.

I just walked and walked and soon, I felt like it was getting lighter and lighter.

I looked at my wristwatch and found the time to be five in the morning.

Where am, I? And why isn't there any house to be seen here?

Well the only thing, I know is that Ahsaan told me that we was in Canada.

Well, I am in a country, I don't even know or have been in before.

I felt like my legs were tired so, I found a place and sat down. And soon, I felt my eyelids giving up and, I was in a deep sleep.

NAIRA AHMED - POINT OF VIEW: