CHAPTER 94: "KEEPING IT PROFESIONAL"

ALI - POINT OF VIEW:

Sometimes it's better to make people feel like they doesn't have any place in our life because it will be easier to let go of them. Maybe they will hate us for hurting them and then letting them know that they didn't mean anything, it certainly will break them. However, they at least would be happy when they later on moves on in their lives.

The way I broke up with Aliha was wrong. She didn't deserve to have someone like me in her life who just entered her life with my own will and then walked out of her life without her will.

She deserved to know why I left her. It was not because I didn't have feelings for her anymore nor was it because she expected anything, because she didn't other than I was loyal to her which I was and still am. Although this loyalty doesn't have any relationship or name anymore even though I want to but I can't. I broke up with her for her own good and I can't get back in her life to shatter that sacrifice.

Her silence, her eyes, her pounding heart, her tears and her sobs. Everything about her is an open book to me. I know that I have hurt her a lot these days which she maybe will forgive me for but she would never forget it. I made sure it stung her as harsh as possible. This is the only way I can make you forget me and move on.

If I begin to let my emotions control me then I will give in to the love you have for me and the passion of love I have for you. But I won't cross my boundaries I learned about years ago.

"I ... I think we should leave"

Remembering her hurt voice I loosened the tight grip I had around the steering. Looking to my side I watched Aliha who was looking out of the window as a death body. Her eyes full of sorrow. I hate myself for doing this to her but she needs protection. And even though I don't trust Mr. Nawaz or Izyaan or even the mother I have to send you back to them. The only thing that's making me send you back there is Miss Ayah. If it weren't for her then I would never have send you back there. I would have protected you but Grandma wins. This is the only way I can pay back some of the love she had given me all that time I have known her. She was the one to take care of me and give me the motherly figure I needed when I lost my parents.

I don't know what it is that has happened between you and your family but I promise that I will find out. Although I have made up a theory by looking into your eyes, I don't want to believe it. Because I feel guilty. Guilty for making you love me for so long even when I wasn't there for you. I promise that I always have loved you and thought about you but one way or another we had to let go of each other and I was the only one who could have done it.

I know that you are waiting for me to give you a reason but I am sorry to break that for you. I can't give you any explanation. I can only apologize, that's what I have, an apology.

"St-stop the car" I was out of my thoughts when I heard Aliha asking me to stop the car. I looked at the side of the road and saw that we were passing the waterfall.

"Please stop the car, Ali" I did as she told me and stopped the car at the side of the road and watched as Aliha got out of the car and walked towards the waterfall.

I got out of the car and leaned against it as I watched Aliha walking towards it while I could see her raising her hand to her face.

She is wiping her tears.

I ran my hands through my hair getting frustrated by the fact that I was hurting her so much. I was bothering her. I am causing her pain. This place were where we got to know about each others existence in this world.

I watched as Aliha kneeled down and secured her arms around herself trying to compose herself however she couldn't.

I walked towards her "Aliha" I called her out standing behind her. When she heard me behind her I could see her body tensing up.

"I ... I need some time to be, here" She said with a raspy voice.

I nodded saying "Take your time. I will be around." Then was going to walk away when I felt a grab on my wrist. I turned around to see that she was holding my wrist while her eyes were dark red telling she have been crying. She shook her head "Don't go, please" she whispered.

"Alih-" She cut me off "Please, just a little more time." Her eyes were pleading while her grip on my wrist tightened.

"Fine" I nodded.

Knowing that it is going to take five hours to reach there made it hard for me to be with you. Now I just know that I have to be careful and not let out the emotions i have for you Aliha. I have been trying to make you hate or forget me all those years and it turns out that you have been doing the opposite.

I sat down beside her looking at the waterfall while none of us said anything. The best thing was that people usually didn't come here so it wasn't crowded either.

A lesson I have learned about love is that when you give your heart out to someone once then it get's held captive and you will never ever be able to free it again. It's given and taken. There is no way to take it back other than breaking it piece by piece.

"Sometimes our eyes see things we can't hear and then sometimes our ears hear things we can't see ... Isn't that planned, or is it just destiny?"

After sometime of silence she asked me a question that made me stunned.

"Asking me about that then it's none. There is nothing called destiny because we humans plan everything and when the planned thing go wrong it affects other people meanwhile we call it destiny. Just to ... console ourselves about it being the destiny."

"Still there should be a reason for something to go wrong. I don't believe it just happens. I believe that there always are someone behind it. A third one ... maybe." She argued.

"I believe that. Sorry to break it but if the third thing is the destiny then I don't believe it." I told her looking towards her who looked back at me in my eyes.

I looked away as soon as I realized that she was trying to find something in it. Answers, maybe.

"Ali?" Her fragile voice came.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Are we still friends?" she asked looking towards me and I at her.

"If you want me to be your friend then, Yes or else no." I answered her as we at least could have that relation between us.

"Then I want an advice." She said passing a small smile while wiping away her tears.

"Advice about what?" I inquired.

"I don't want you to be my friend. Let's just keep it professional. You saved me from going to hell however now you are the one pulling me back to a hell. So I need an advice. Can you give that to me?" she asked making me confused about what is was she was trying to play with me.

"I am not pulling you back to a hell. It's called keeping you protected. Keeping it professional we can do that" I told her.

"You sure?" She tried to confirm and I nodded "Sure".

She took in a deep breathe before she said "I don't feel protected. What should I do if I feel scared and I don't have the people I trust or even love beside me?" She asked.

I don't understand why she feels scared. Maybe something have happened that doesn't want to get out of her mind. I need to find out what it is.

"Feeling scared is natural and a part of the nature. But sometimes it really can be scary and if that happens then I would advise you to close your eyes and think about the person whom you trust wholeheartedly and have happy and beautiful memories with. Not someone who broke your trust. Doing this you will be able to make yourself believe that you are happy and that you have someone beside you all the time." I told her before standing up.

"I will keep that in mind" she said and I nodded. "I think we should leave now we still have five more hours to reach our destination." I told her and she nodded while I lead her the way upto the car.

"Thank you" She said as I closed the door behind her and walked to my side and we drove off towards our destination.

Vote 👍

Comment 💬

Share 👥