Safe House

*Killian's POV *

I could see the panic in her eyes, immediately holding her closer and tucking her head into the crook of my neck. I soon felt tears hit my skin, kissing her forehead as she shook and clung to me. An officer came over, sitting on the coffee table in front of us.

"Look guys," he said, trying to look more at me since Emma seemed to be in shock. "I know this is hard, but we're going to have to ask you some questions about Mr. Cassidy. Would you be able to answer them right now?"

"I'm sorry," I sighed, standing up with Emma in my arms. "But we're honestly both hungover and she needs to sleep and have a chance to cope with this. So I'm going to take her to lay down and we'll answer them later."

"Killian," Liam stopped me just as I was going into the guest room. "Why don't you come back out and answer yours while she sleeps."

Emma's hold on me got even tighter so I just shook my head, closing the door and crawling into bed with her. I held her against my chest as she wrapped herself around me any way she could, running my fingers through her hair. The door opened and soon my brother was sitting behind Emma and staring at me.

"I know this is a lot," he said quietly, glancing at Emma who had already fallen asleep. "But you need to get out there and answer those questions so we can do our jobs."

"I can't," I said simply. "I really appreciate what you're doing, but Emma needs me here so this is where I'm going to stay."

"She can't be alone for ten minutes?" He asked, clearly trying not to be too annoyed. "She's an adult. She can handle it."

"You don't have any idea what she can handle," I snapped a little. "You don't know what that fuckrag put her through before we met, but I do. It takes a lot for her to let people in, especially about that, but she did and I'm not going to let her down like everyone else has."

"Killian-" he started but I cut him off.

"No," I said sternly. "She needs me so I'm going to be here to hold her until she can handle going out there."

"Fine," he sighed. "What if I send one of them in here? She's out cold, so she won't even hear it."

"I guess," I agreed reluctantly. "But they're going to have to deal with us just like this."

He nodded, leaving and sending in one of the men from the living room. After a while of talking with him, Emma started whimpering softly in her sleep, clinging to me.

"Is she alright?" He asked quietly, looking at her with concern.

"She gets nightmares," I sighed, leaning down to kiss her forehead. "Shh, love, it's alright. You're safe here with me."

She settled as I ran my fingers through her hair repeatedly, her hold relaxing a bit. I smiled a little, kissing her lips softly and leaning my forehead on hers. A hint of a smile came to her face and she sighed happily as she slept.

"Better?" He asked gently and I looked up, nodding a bit. "You okay to finish the questions?"

I sighed but nodded. He nodded, glancing at his paperwork before continuing his questions.

*Emma's POV *

I awoke again in Killian's arms, my head still pounding. I squeezed my eyes shut, turning my face into his neck. His arms tightened around me and I felt him kiss my hair.

"Its alright, Swan," he said softly. "I've got you. You're safe."

"My head hurts," I mumbled and felt his chest shake as he chuckled. "Its not funny."

"Not at all," he said seriously but I could hear the smile in his voice. "Very serious. You want something for it?"

"Not if it means you leave me," I said quietly, looking up at him. "I like it here with you."

"So do I," he said, smiling as I leaned up to kiss him. "But unfortunately, you still have questions to answer. I can get them to come in here if you'd rather."

"No," I sighed, sitting up. "I need to deal with this. You think they'd get me good coffee if I ask nicely?"

"I'll have Liam go," he smiled a bit, sitting up as well and kissing my cheek. "I know how you are about your coffee."

"Thank you," I said, turning to kiss him softly before getting up and going out to face the people in the living room. "Alright, let's get this over with."

"Okay, Miss Swan," one of them said. "What can you tell us about Neal Cassidy?"

About an hour later I was fighting tears, my hands shaking as I fidgeted with my ring. They finally let Killian into the room and he must have seen the tears in my eyes, as he rushed over and pulled me into his arms. The police dispersed, leaving us alone as I held onto him shaking.

"You alright?" He asked after a moment, pulling away only enough to look at me. "I know that couldn't have been easy."

"Can we just go back to the bedroom now?" I asked quietly and he nodded, leading me down the hall. "I just... can't deal with that anymore."

"It's alright, Swan," he smiled a bit as we got comfortable sitting against the headboard. He pulled me closer so I curled into his side, wrapping my arms around him tightly as he ran his hand up and down my side under his shirt on me. "I'd much rather be alone with you anyway."

"Hey," Liam said awkwardly as he came in with coffee. "I heard you needed coffee... and I wanted to make sure you were okay after all those questions."

"Thank you," I tried to smile as he handed me a latte. "I'll be okay. I just need to not think about it for a while."

"Of course," he nodded. "This is going to basically become a safe house for you two until we find him. You understand what that means, right?"

We just nodded and he left us alone. Killian turned on the TV, just holding me close. I relaxed after a while, leaning my head on his chest.

"I have an idea," he smirked as I looked up at him. "I know something that always makes you feel better."

I raised my eyebrows and his lips were on mine. It was soft but passionate, our tounges tangling together slowly as he moved over me. I put my hand on the back of his neck to hold him to me, the other resting on his side. Much like the other night we weren't focused on sex, just needing to be close and comforting each other in the only way we could at that moment.