Labor

*Emma's POV *

I spent another three days in the hospital before my water actually broke on January 26th. I'd just gotten up to use the bathroom when Mia ran in and we were both standing in a puddle. My first contraction hit me much faster than it had with her, making me have to catch myself on the chair by the door.

"Mommy?" Mia asked in panic. "What wrong? Why you all wet?"

"It's okay, princess," I told her, breathing out when it passed. "That's just your sister letting us know she's on her way. You did the same thing. Where's your daddy?"

"With the lady doctor," she told me, following me to the bed where I let her sit on my lap. "Did I make you make owie face too? I hurted you?"

"Yes, but then I got you," I told her with a smile, making her giggle when I poked her nose. "You didn't want to come out, being stubborn just like your daddy. But once I saw your cute little face, it was all worth it. And now I get to do that with your little sister. I won't lie, it'll hurt a lot, but then we'll have a new little member of our family."

"There are my favorite ladies," Killian said as he came in, nearly slipping where my water broke. "Bloody hell, what was that?"

"It's from the baby," Mia told him like she'd known all along. "My sissy is coming."

"What?" He looked at me, suddenly anxious. "Is she serious?"

"My water broke about five minutes ago," I nodded with a half smile and his eyes widened. "I've only had the one contraction so far, but she's definitely on her way."

"Shit, okay," he said and started rushing around, making Mia giggle. "Fuck, Mia. I'll have to call Liam again. And the doctor, shit-"

"Killian," I laughed as I interrupted him. "Calm down and, uhm, watch the language, okay? We have some time. It took Mia fourteen hours to get here."

"Right, shit, sorry," he said, running his hand through his hair. "Okay, I'll go get the doctor and call Liam. Do you need anything? Do you want me to take Mia?"

"Nah, she's good here," I told him, suddenly getting hit by another contraction. His hand was soon in mine, letting me squeeze it as I breathed through it until it passed. "Okay, I'm good now, go."

"I'll be right back, baby, I promise," he kissed my forehead and sprinted out the door.

"Daddy's funny," Mia giggled, sitting at the end of the bed while I got comfortable then crawling back up to sit between my legs. "Was he like that when I was borned?"

"Oh yeah," I laughed a little, tucking her hair behind her ear. "He was going crazy. My water broke in the middle of the night so he was half asleep until he realized what was going on, then he had me sit across his lap in the truck while he brought me right to this room to wait for you."

"How come you keep getting owies?" She asked, putting both her hands on my belly gently. "Is sissy kicking you?"

"No, baby's don't move during this part," I said, putting one of my hands on hers. "Its just my muscles inside helping to push her out. It's just how it works, don't worry."

"Okay, Liam will be here as soon as he can to keep an eye on Mia, and the doctor will be in in just a few minutes," Killian said, sitting next to me with a sigh and taking my hand in both of his. "How are you doing? Any more contractions?"

"I'm fine," I assured him, reaching up to gently smooth the crease between his eyebrows and seeing his eyes soften. "You have to relax, just like last time. It's just having a baby, we've done it before."