Emma's Birthday

* Emma's POV *

It'd been two years since Liam died when something unexpected happened

It'd been two years since Liam died when something unexpected happened. I'd had my suspensions for a few days, but I finally decided to be sure. The girls were staying at Mary Margaret's tonight and I'd gotten completely ready for the birthday date Killian was insisting on, now sitting on the edge of the bed in shock with a positive pregnancy test in my hand.

Sure the girls were both in school now so it'd be a bit easier, but for once this baby was an accident. We hadn't talked about more kids in over two years, I didn't even know if he still wanted more or if he could handle more after what happened with his brother. I heard the front door open and shook it off, tucking the test into my purse and going to meet him. His arms were around me in an instant, my back hitting the wall as he quickly dominated my mouth.

"Mmm," I moaned softly in surprise, my hands sliding up into his hair as I kissed him back. "Bad day?"

"Awful day," he agreed just as he kissed me again deeply. I sighed happily, just wrapping my arms around his neck and allowing him full access to my mouth. He was getting me all worked up the way he was touching me so I finally had to pull away, knowing if I let him go we'd never get anywhere and he'd feel bad tomorrow.

"Killian," I practically moaned his name as his lips moved to suck on my neck, closing my eyes and pressing my thighs together. "I thought you wanted to go somewhere."

"I did," he sighed, moving back up to kiss me softly repeatedly as his hands slid down to grip my butt. "But then I saw you and I just want to kiss you all over. It's not fair."

"You can do that later," I promised him with a sweet kiss before he leaned his forehead on mine. "But you seemed very excited about all this... and we have to talk at some point."

"About what?" He asked, clearly seeing the anxiety in my eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's... wrong necessarily," I allowed, now avoiding his eyes. "We can talk later. Where are we going?"

"Okay," he agreed hesitantly, kissing me again before going to get changed. He came back out and immediately scooped me up, taking me off guard as I scrambled to hold on to him. "Now then, I hope you're ready, because we're going now."

"Idiot," I giggled, making him grin. "Let's just go before you drop me."

He just grinned and kissed my cheek, carrying me out to the truck. It turned out he'd bought a boat earlier this week and was taking me out on the water before we brought the girls to be sure I was okay with it. I watched him with a small smile as he brought us to the middle of the harbor before killing the engine and coming back over to me.

"Alright, sit," he said after laying out a large blanket and pulling me down to sit with my legs across his lap. "Much better. You hungry?"

"Starving," I nodded and he grabbed a picnic basket from behind him. "You were late coming home today, jerk."