«5»

Natsu Dragneel never really liked sports, and he hated P.E, he found it irrelevant and pointless.

So the usual; while everyone else ran laps, did jumping jacks and or push ups, Natsu sat under the bleachers not caring about the world. His coach knew him to well as to say anything against him.

Usually, Natsu would space out and enjoy the nature, or think about a plan to escape this living hell he calls life. Yet Natsu knew he couldn't just end it and not think about Zeref. He can't leave zeref alone with that monster.

Sometimes he just wished he could escape it all. Just for a night. Leave, get away, leaving every memory of the past for the dark oblivion and starting new ones.

On the other hand, Natsu knew he just couldn't. It was like he was trapped in a cell. With no one to help him out.

However, today Natsu wasn't spacing out. He was not stalking but staring deeply at a particular girl. A girl with long waist length light blonde hair, perfect light tanned skin, and those chocolate brown eyes that seem to take Natsu's breath away.

Lucy Heartfilia.

It might've sounded a bit creepy but in Natsu's point of view... he just couldn't help it.

Because damn, the face that girl made when she ran was worth being a creep for.

Seconds later, as if it was on cue, Lucy tripped on her own foot and face planted into the ground.

After a whole minute, Lucy walked over to Natsu and sat next to him under the bleachers.

Natsu nearly expected her to say something but she didn't. She sat there quietly, with her eyes closed and looking a bit flustered.

"S-So um... What happened? You fell?" Natsu mumbled, making a pathetic excuse of a conversation as he mentally slapped himself.

No he didn't do it because he was bored, but because Natsu desired talking to Lucy, even if it was about the Aquarius zodiac.

Lucy heartfilia was the only human being in this shithole of a school to actually communicate with Natsu about anything but the rumors that were spread about him, girls, or the next person who was going to get beaten up.

Natsu liked it. Fuck that, Natsu Loved it.

"Well I tripped over my own foot." Lucy mumbled back, laughing ever so slightly.

"Oh... that's natural."

"Why don't you run with everyone else Natsu Dragneel?" Lucy wondered.

"Not a big fan."

Lucy was thoughtful, and didn't reply back. After a long 20 seconds... Natsu started to worry.

"I-Is that wrong or..?" Natsu said as nervousness filled his voice. Please don't hate me, please don't hate me, please don't hate me. Natsu repeated as a prayer in his head.

"Oh? No no! Not at all, I was just thinking about what type of personality the Aries zodiac has." She said with a smile on her face.

"I heard they're apologetic." Natsu said, trying his hardest to smile back at her.

"A RAM!" She yelled out of consistence.

"That's not about Aries or a zodiac, Lucy heartfilia." Natsu said, actually laughing himself.

"Actually, the name of the zodiac is 'Aries the Ram'...SO HAH!" She yelled back pointing her finger straight at Natsu

"Yeahhhhhh Sure Lucy." Natsu said once more, smiling at the blonde sitting in front of him and rolling his eyes.

"It's a fact!" She responded, sticking out her tongue at him. Closing her eyes again, a small smirk tracing her lips.

After another long period of silence, Natsu tried again.

"Hey L-Lucy?"

"Yes?"

"When you first came here... didn't like anyone... I dont know... um... tell you about me."

After that Lucy squinted her eyes as tight as possible, pretending as if she was actually thinking.

"Well they did say you punched a shark with your bare fist."

Natsu laughed.

"That's not true..." Natsu grinned.

Lucy however, did not laugh or smile but turn to completely face Natsu and look at him straight in the eyes, as he gazed back.

"Exactly Natsu." She said quietly.

and from there that's when Natsu finally understood.