« 45 »

Red

That's all Lucy could see, the color red.
An unconscious Natsu laying in front of her, the Christmas tree with bright whites and golds, Christmas themed lights around the park that carried any color you could think of.

However, Lucy only saw red, the blood that was stinging onto Natsu. His father held the gun in his hand that was  ready to shoot the girl in front of him, but Natsu had gotten in the way.

She couldn't say or think anything, she was standing there in complete silence. Her face was so pale and her breathes were so quiet, she couldn't process what had just happen.

Zeref ran to his brother and was sobbing as loud as he could, pulling him into his chest and screaming his name. Sting was shaking in the pure winter cold, but not because of the weather.

The police arrived no later than a minute or two after that moment and arrested Natsu's father on the spot, while trying to get Natsu an ambulance. The entire crowd was in shock, and completely terrified.

The ambulance came as fast as they could and rushed to get Natsu in a hospital, trying their best to pry Zeref off his brother and put him in the van.

"Are you related to him?" She asked the blonde who was still in the exact same position and contained the same expression as before. But Lucy did not answer, she just walked into the van, sat next to the stretcher, and grabbed onto the cold hand that belonged to Natsu.

Even then, all Lucy could see was the color red. 
______________________
Chapter posted;
October 20th 2019