« 23 »

Natsu Dragneel had woken up abruptly.

He was rushed with cold sweat, feeling some sort've of ominous expression, something he didn't enjoy.

And he began to breathe.

One, Two, Three. One, Two, Three.

Inhale, Exhale. Inhale, Exhale.

He took a quick glance outside from the window and saw that it was still midnight but the sky was filled with a purplish galaxy color, making it reflect across the whole world.

He looked down at Zeref who's bed was messy in many places , while his leg hung off the edge and his arm as well. Natsu shook his head and lied back down.

His heart ached. It was like a numb feeling but the pain still affected him so he just thought.

Thought about his dad taking his well earned money just to buy himself more alcohol. Zeref getting in the way. All the anger that built up inside of him and he ended up sending a boy to the hospital and hurting Lucy.

He just groaned and covered his face with his hands. Trying to calm himself down and forget his horrible past.

Luckily Lucy Heartfilia came in. With her bright smile and pretty brown eyes that had nearly every single shade of brown in one mix.

Lucy had him now. Zeref was finally safe as well. He was finally living, (even if it was temporarily) with his best friend.

Or for a different term the only damn person to give a fuck about Natsu.

Natsu thought about Lucy. About her eyes... Her hair, her cute little smile, or the way her eyes sparkled when you talked about celestial zodiacs or just anything that interested her. Her personality that was filled with kindness and hope.

Unfortunately he didn't fall asleep and stayed up till Morning; He watched Zeref get up and get ready but he still didn't get up, and he didn't want to. He technically pretended to be sleep.

The sun shines through the window as if on cue Lucy walked into the room and Natsu still pretended to be asleep but kept his eyes just a tiny bit open to see her.

"Natsu it's time to get up..." She yawned with tiredness but Natsu didn't budge.

"Natsu?" she questioned to see if he was awake but groaned when he didn't make a sound.

She sat on the edge of the bed and huffed. "Natsuuuuuu!" She whined as she was about to poke him but...

"KYAAA-!" She yelled when Natsu grabbed her and put her next to him, wrapping his arms around her delicate body.

She felt the heat rise in her cheeks and turned over to face Natsu, her fingers awkwardly tracing over his bare tanned chest.

"Natsu..." She said a bit more louder as Natsu finally pretended to wake up and saw her.

"Oh hey heh... Sorry Luce." He responded with a raspy morning voice to make it sound more believable that he was sleeping.

"U-Uh it's okay- you need to get ready for school, I've already made breakfast. When you're ready I'll be downstairs." She mumbled with an uncomfortable smile which made Natsu regret what he had done, his heart slowly sinking while she slipped out of his grasp and awkwardly walked out of their room.

He groaned and rubbed his face with his hands.

"Why am I so pathetic?"