« 35 »

Lucy Heartfilia wasn't exactly good at avoiding people.

She had felt extremely confused after what had just happened, but she did not want to avoid Natsu.

She loved how she could be comfortable around Natsu, and she loved how Natsu could be comfortable around her. She didn't want that comfort to disappear.

So later that night, she pulled Natsu to a corner and said

"Hey um, Natsu?" She fixated her eyes on her sailor moon socks that we're keeping her feet quite warm, also acting as if nothing happened.

Natsu just kinda stood there, awkwardly waiting for what's she was going to say. So he just respond with a small, "yeah?"

"Hey, um h-heh about that incident earlier, that happened between us, l-lets just forget about it. I hope it doesn't change anything between us," She ended quite lamely.

Lucy didn't mean those words to come out like that but they just slipped. She didn't know why she didn't want it too.

She moved her eyes up to Natsu's and saw something that she didn't quite expect.

His eyes were filled with a type of emotion that she couldn't read. As if something was running through his mind.

He didn't smile nor say it was fine.

Lucy was unable to look away. So they stood there, brown on black, just staring at each other, waiting for one to say something, mostly Lucy waiting for Natsu to respond. Once again,
Brown on black.

finally he looked away, gave her a quick but firm nod, and went to his room, trying his hardest not to slam the door.

Lucy has wondered if Natsu had felt every single emotion she had felt when she had looked at him.

She also wondered why Natsu had seemed so empty; and sad.

Lucy also wondered why when Natsu kissed her she felt as if it was her hope and desire to kiss him back.

_____________
Chapter Posted:

April 7th 2016
1:42 AM