« 22 »

Natsu Dragneel was extremely conflicted.

Lucy said he liked him.

(As a friend of course.)

Lucy hugged him a lot.

(Cause that's what friends do... Right?)

Lucy let him and Zeref move in with her.

(Because she probably felt sorry for them?)

Lucy had agreed to share the couch with Natsu.

(Because they was seemingly no other option?)

Lucy wouldn't kiss Natsu.

(Cause they were friends.)

Lucy understood Natsu.

(But Lucy didn't understand how Natsu felt about her. How Natsu wanted to be more than just friends. How he wanted to just grab her and kiss her, cuddle together while he says sweet nothings to her, Say that she was his, and do more than just share some damn couch together. Natsu loved Lucy. Why couldn't she just understand that?!)

(Maybe Lucy was just some petty crush.)

"No Natsu-!" He thought to himself as he was pacing around the living room in an anxious manner.

"You can't think of her like that, it'll just ruin everything between me and me!" He screamed in his thoughts as it all just kinda exploded and he yelled "DAMMIT!" While slamming his foot into an inanimate wooden piece of furniture, due to all his anger/anxiety, the pain was just a numb feeling.

"Natsu?! Are you okay?" Lucy questioned as she came as fast as she could from upstairs, while she looked over at Natsu.

"Huh?" He responded turning towards her, totally forgetting what he was doing.

"Well I heard you scream..."

"Dammit?"

(For all you who forgot Lucy does not like to say foul words and such.)

"Y-Yeah that word!, well I heard you say that and you slam into something, presumably the dark wooden coffee table in front of you who is incapable of self defense." She joked as he just chuckled awkwardly.

"O-Oh that? Well haha um, I stubbed my foot in the table and that's why I yelled." He murmured with the fast lie as Lucy gave him but a questioning look.

"But I heard you yell first." She curiously thought as he panicked.

"Are you sure?! You're probably going crazy Luce." He joked himself hoping she would believe him.

"Hm maybe you're right," she giggles with a bright smile...

One of the millions of reasons he fell in love with her.

He just laughed and watched her go back upstairs to organize the rooms.

"Oh Heartfilia, you don't know how much I love you." He shook his head with small smile.