« 38 »

It was 2 more weeks until the end of the semester. Meaning that the holidays were coming up, for example, Christmas.

Natsu Dragneel didn't really like these things and generally didn't look forward to them as due to the fact that it's just like sitting at home to kill time, so he pretty much despised it...

But

It was different this time. He was in a cozy and warm home with Lucy heartfilia, and his younger brother, somewhere safe.

So, once he saw everyone in the holiday spirit, he felt himself fill with a type of excitement, a type of thrill perhaps.

Lucy heartfilia was extremely in the spirit too. Playing the hit by Mariah Carey called 'All I want for Christmas is you' while she decorated the house with Christmas decorations. Swaying her hips and singing along, but she would play it over, and over, and over again. To the point where Zeref got up and left to his room.

Natsu acted annoyed but he honestly loved it; Lucy's happiness was quite contagious.

"I thought I would have to spend Christmas alone," Lucy had said, smiling. "But you guys are here now!"

"Doesn't your mom and dad visit you from their business trips and at least give you a present?" Zeref asked with thought in his brain.

"No, they're to busy so they usually don't visit." She had responded, still smiling but it seemed a bit off.

Zeref had noticed as well and apologized quickly.

"I'm sorry-"

"Hey it's okay Zeref, I have you guys and that's all that matters!" She said kindly, causing Zeref to smile.

She had smiled back and turned up once again to Mariah Carey.

Natsu couldn't help but admire Lucy, but he knew he had to give up on being anything more than 'just friends'. Natsu had accepted it, and was now trying to focus on being completely platonic friends with Lucy, but he sometimes found it hard to control himself from kissing Lucy again.

Although, Natsu would not let himself ruin their friendship again, so he maintained a distance, and tried to establish control over his completely unbalanced emotions.

"I don't want a lot for Christmas," Lucy sang. "there is just one thing I neeeed—"

"Lucy, literally, please stop. I'm going to fling myself off of a cliff." Natsu said, trying to keep a straight face. It had been the 49th time Lucy had randomly started singing that week.

"I don't care about the presents, underneath the christmas tree—"

"Lucy I swear."

"I just want you for my own, moooore than you could ever know!"

"Why are the lyrics so sensual!?" Natsu asked, bending over with bit laughter.

"Make my wish come trueeee— OH — come on, Cmon Natsu sing along!"

"No, Lucy. Not even in your dreams," Natsu said, standing up.

"PLEEEEEASE NATSU PLEEEA—"

"ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS, IS YOUUUUUUUU!"

_________________
Chapter posted:

April 19th 2016
11:57 PM