«7»

There was one specific but very special thing Natsu Dragneel liked about Lucy Heartfilia.

When Lucy had seen him that night, broken, unable to see faith in himself, she didn't push him into telling her what was wrong.

She never brought it up. Out of all the conversations she had with him, which were a lot... she just never brought it up.

Natsu felt as if he can truly refer to Lucy as a friend. Even if it was extremely hard to talk to her, due to what you call his 'Reputation', Natsu tried... and I mean tried. He took every chance he got, for example; between classes, the library, and mostly gym.

Lucy was his only comfort.

One sunny day in the same spot that Natsu went to everyday during P.E, which was under the bleachers, sat both him and Lucy. The usual of them avoiding P.E. how they also moved passed the awkward greetings and random acknowledgement in the hallway including the '20 questions' phase.

They can speak about anything they wanted to talk about with each other. Natsu adored that.

Another thing that he adored was Lucy always had something interesting to talk about.

"Hey Natsu?" Lucy said out of the blue after they watched the other students run around.

"Yes?"

"Could we exchange numbers?" She said to him with courage in her voice.

Natsu knew he was blushing and smiling at the same time as he nodded.

"Of course." He smirked gently, exchanging phones with her.

Natsu put Lucy's contact name as 'Lucy Heartfilia' plainly as Lucy saved his name as 'Natsu 🔥' adding a fire emoji.

"Why the fire emoji?" He asked her curiously.

"I'm not sure. Your name kinda reminds me of summer and heat, also I know you have a weird love for fire and you're kinda warm like when I hugged you, you sort've gave off like this warm radiation." She grinned at him as he glared at her playfully.

"Are you calling me a pyro?!" He exclaimed also with a playful tone.

"No No No!" She yelled "Gah well at least I didn't put just boring 'Lucy heartfilia'!" She yelled again but at him as he chuckled.

"I just like your name." He said to her with a soft smile as this time it was her who was blushing.