« 12 »

Like I've repeated multiple times before, Natsu Dragneel had many problems, but all of that changed once he lost his only solution. None of it mattered anymore.

He had lost Lucy Heartfilia. He had hurt her. Lucy's terror filled eyes scared him completely.

Just the thought of her being scared of him dug deep into his thoughts.

Natsu went to the riverside, and did exactly what he did a few nights ago, cried and sobbed as his loud tears filled the darkness of the night.

He expected Lucy to be there. He expected her to calm him down but that night was just like the others. She didn't come.

"Please Lucy, I miss you." He croaked but Lucy didn't magically appear behind him. Just as he thought.

Being with Lucy, made him happy. Being with her made him forget he had such a horrid life.

Natsu returned home just to find his brother crying in a corner, looking oddly terrified and his father full of anger.

His father had just received the phone call of Natsu's suspension, and he was not just angry, but fuming.

From there his father beat him multiple times until he got tired and just wanted a desire for more booze.

Natsu just got up from the floor and went to his room, where he locked himself up for days

Not eating.

Nor sleeping.

                                   « • »

The two weeks passed by in a blur for Natsu.

He had bags under his eyes and he was way skinnier than before, also paler. He looked dead. The warm radiation he had was changed with an icy cold touch.

Monday rolled on and I would say he woke up but he's been up all night so it wouldn't really matter now would it.

he got up from his cold bed and slid on a black shirt that loosely fit him since his weight loss, also his jeans were shabby on him.

He walked out without even eating and went straight to school. Once he reached the doors he was greeted by his 'friends', some being polite and high-fiving him, while others just said he looked like complete shit. At least they were telling him the truth.

He honestly didn't care.

He didn't see Lucy during first period, or any of his classes. Not even gym, He didn't want to see Lucy.

It was lunch time but Natsu avoided the cafeteria and went outside. Looking down at ground he happened to pass someone while his shoulder brushed against theirs.

He just kept walking until a familiar voice stopped him.

"Natsu?"

That voice. That calm soothing voice that kept him sane these past couple of months. The eyes that seem to always take his breath away.

"L-Lucy?"