« 32 »

Natsu had awoken way earlier than Lucy and Zeref had.

He was in an enthusiastic mood today, but only for one exception.

"I can finally pay her back." He thought happily on his way to start his work routine.

It was a long day. Having to put up with demanding angry customers and the annoyance of multiple people was quite agitating, but he did it with a smile and a helping tone.

After having to switch from job to job, it was 6:00 PM and in his pocket he had a check of all the money he had earned. Running home so he could give it Lucy, as a thank you.

He burst the door open, setting his hands on his knees and inhaling large breathe of air. I did say he was running.

Zeref and Lucy were doing their homework together so they just kinda sat there, a bit startled at Natsu's extreme greeting.

Lucy seemed worried as to what was wrong with him.

"Natsu?! Are you okay?" She stood up and walked over to him.

"H-Here." He replied with the air he barely had and slid the money into her hand.

"What is this?"

"It's the mone-y for r-rent, since yo-ur letting u-us live here." He croaked out once more.

Lucy's brown eyes widened and looked at Natsu. "I guess there's no point in saying no." She smiled, Natsu managing to stand up and once he did Lucy wrapped her arms around him, Natsu hugging her back.

Zeref smiled and went back to doing his homework.

It was so obvious.

« • »

At the moment, Natsu Dragneel was at a 'take what you can get.' state.

He was desperately in love with Lucy Heartfilia. Even when he made it extremely obvious, Lucy was a very dense person.

So out of no where Natsu said,

"I love you." His cheeks bursting of the natural color red.

Lucy looked up from her book and said,
"I love you too." With a small smile and returned her gaze back to her book which when by the name of " 500 FACTS ABOUT CELESTIAL ZODIACS. "

That made natsu want to scream. He wanted to fling her off a cliff, for understanding almost everything but the feelings he had for her. He wanted to yell at her, because she didn't love him the way he loved her.

He wanted to kiss Lucy Heartfilia.

Yet, he just smiled, and continued on with the day. Because damn, what Natsu would do to hear her repeat those words, over, and over, and over again.

And because Natsu Dragneel was at the 'take what you can get' state, even if the words were quite meaningless.